PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Issue

Shallz68
03-26-2015, 07:59 PM
I am new to this and only have 29 hours on my machine. I bought the serving tray pattern and it went off track at the very end, using 1/8 cutting tool twice in a row now. Attached is the outcome any ideas on how to fix this?

bergerud
03-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the forum. Too bad the machine ruined that piece of wood. This, unfortunately is a common problem with cutouts. The first question we ask is: was the board under the rollers the whole time?

Shallz68
03-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Yes, it was under the rollers the whole time. It had the extra 7" and followed the directions exactly as it said in the pattern instructions.

bergerud
03-27-2015, 09:00 AM
One explanation for the stair stepping is that the board tracking roller (brass roller) was not tracking properly. I believe this can be caused by the vibration of the cutting bit during the cut close to the tracking roller. Another explanation is that the board is slipping on the belts.

What people do is use masking tape both under the board for the belt slipping and under the edge to help the tracking roller.

bergerud
03-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Do you have a C machine with rubber belts? Have you checked head pressure?

cestout
03-27-2015, 04:48 PM
The short cut out - the handle - looks right on. I think this cut first and short travel. The all three passes on the long cuts seemed to be off the same amount, so the problem is constant. If the board is bowed it could lift off the tracking roller at times. If a board seems a little bowed, put in your machine concave side up, and use masking tape as mentioned.
Clint

Shallz68
04-06-2015, 01:20 PM
75422Ok, still having issues. I have tried the masking tape with the same results and the board went through the planer first to make sure it was good and level. The roller sandpaper belt came apart at the seam and I did the replacement upgrade and now have the rubber belts. I re-calibrated it and everything went perfect. When I tried to run another project I got the same results - the carving was perfect and beautiful until it came to the 1/8" cutting bit. Picture attached so you can see the issue.

bergerud
04-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Have you checked the head pressure? Do you have the rubber damper under the board tracking sensor?

Shallz68
04-08-2015, 01:40 PM
The head pressure was off, it's only around 65lbs. I followed the directions to try and adjust it but it didn't improve. I found that if i put my hand on it and press down with a little pressure that it is 80lbs. I tried to call Carvewright like it said if the trouble shooting calibration didn't work but the technican wasn't available.