PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Want the Bard back????

FdxGuy
03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Just a short poll.... two simple options, one simple vote.

HandTurnedMaple
03-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Talked to him today. He's alive and well. No exact information to give on why he is not here, but it seems he will not be present here in the near future. He did ask that Julie & Happi not forget him, and that we all keep a candle lit for him (whatever that means). Frankly I think he's just looking for an excuse to resume normal eating and sleeping patterns.

CallNeg151
03-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Talked to him today. He's alive and well. No exact information to give on why he is not here, but it seems he will not be present here in the near future. He did ask that Julie & Happi not forget him, and that we all keep a candle lit for him (whatever that means). Frankly I think he's just looking for an excuse to resume normal eating and sleeping patterns.

He's allowed to have normal eating and sleeping patterns. I was just worried that he was being kept down by The Man.

Julie Coffey
03-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Talked to him today. He's alive and well. He did ask that Julie & Happi not forget him, and that we all keep a candle lit for him (whatever that means).

Now the last time I heard someone use 'that line' it was during Desert Storm and the guy was going off to the Gulf. I suppose the thing that gets to me is everyone from moderators on down get a 'bit touchy' from time to time. But do we throw out the baby with the bathwater?

If for some reason he's being barred from addressing needs posted here on the boards that would result in faster customer satisfaction and not having to call them directly I say good for him. Now lets get him back here so we can get on with it.

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel his contributions here for the most part were essential in keeping the customers who were actively pursuing and learning from our machines and each other 'in the loop'. And that to me IS customer service.

But what do I know- 20 yrs in customer service doesn't mean much nowadays.

J

Digitalwoodshop
03-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Forwarded Message:
Subj: Where is BARD? Forward to Managment Please
Date: 3/8/2007 10:38:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
To: info@carvewright.com
CC: Digitalwoodshop

Hello,

I am a CarveWright end USER, please forward this eMail to upper management.

Thank You,

AL Ursich

digitalwoodshop@aol.com

Where is BARD?

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2726

If the CarveWright Company looked at his contribution in terms of DOLLARS then they have missed the boat in removing his presence from the forum.

If someone totaled up the number of times BARD has helped a user through a problem on the Forum that:

1. Corrected the problem by applying a simple fix using his VAST KNOWLEDGE and company resources.

2. That educated the rest of us to a new procedure or cure to a common problem and things to watch out for in OUR future as end users.

3. That reassured us that answers were available for our desperate questions in a TIMELY MANNER, almost 24/7.

4. That his answers, insight and KNOWLEDGE became a searchable data base on the forum for end users on a Sunday Afternoon or anytime day or night.

5. That prevented the return for CREDIT of countless units to SEARS, to later be sold at a loss or wherever they go. Case in point, http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2735 The unit purchased on eBay that had a broken plastic cover and a jammed bit in the holder. I am sure that frustration was the cause of the broken cover along with a few choice words that were exchanged with the poor Sears employee who got stuck with the return. Had that person found this forum, BARD's answers would have SAVED that unit from being a return. That's just ONE CASE. How many units stuck in the UP position were saved from returns?

6. AND last but not least...... HE prevented the shipment back to CarveWright of COUNTLESS units that were user repairable, saving CARVEWRIGHT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in unnecessary WARRANTY REPAIRS and shipping.

Lets look at the facts..... Say that BARD saved one unit from being shipped back for every TWO questions he answered on the forum. Times that by $150.00 shipping BOTH WAYS and apply that to an hourly rate for BARD...... Welcome to BARD's DONATION 1099 to the COMPANY.... worth THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. Wake up and smell the Coffee.... HE is an ASSET !!!!

To me, he is like the girl, "ABBY on the TV Program NCIS. Always has the answers you need or knows where to get them. She may not fit the "old school" idea of a Lab Technician, but will never let you down.
Customer Service is evolving into a ON LINE environment and away from 1-800-HELP ME.

BARD is a Pioneer in the history of "modern mechanization" of our civilization. OK.... That's a little over the edge.....

In my opinion BARD is a ASSET to the survival of the company. He is the front line technician with daily contact with the end user, MANY END USERS, and most importantly FUTURE END USERS.

Like the Shop Bot Forum, a GREAT ASSET to the Company with resources to answer the many questions users have. Without that forum, Shop Bot would be a very different and less profitable company.

Let's all call CARVEWRIGHT today and ask for a Shipping Label to return our units for repair under warranty vice calling for a service question. 150 Shipping labels later they might get the idea.... WE ARE not happy that our first line of customer service is gone. More companies should go to a forum based customer service system. If you really crunch the numbers you will see what a ASSET Bard is.

Just one man's opinion as a former Electronic Technician in the service industry.

Copy sent to CarveWright via e mail.

AL

HandTurnedMaple
03-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Now the last time I heard someone use 'that line' it was during Desert Storm and the guy was going off to the Gulf. I suppose the thing that gets to me is everyone from moderators on down get a 'bit touchy' from time to time. But do we throw out the baby with the bathwater?

Actually I made that part up for dramatic effect. But it doesn't sound like he will be posting right now.

FdxGuy
03-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I've never been much for popularity polls on internet websites. I'm abstaining - not only because there's some tattletale telling who voted what way - but because the outcome won't affect CarveWright or the direction of the country.

Your pal,
Meat.

It's not tattletale telling.... the poll results are visible to all! Click on the numbers.

Julie Coffey
03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Forwarded Message:
Subj: Where is BARD? Forward to Managment Please
Date: 3/8/2007 10:38:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
To: info@carvewright.com
CC: Digitalwoodshop

Hello,

I am a CarveWright end USER, please forward this eMail to upper management.....Just one man's opinion as a former Electronic Technician in the service industry.

Copy sent to CarveWright via e mail.

AL

Al if you were any closer I'd buy you a cup of coffee and give you a hug. VERY WELL PUT my friend. My compliments.

I just find it amazing that a company that prides itself on customer satisfaction would apparently turn a blind eye to an employee that goes above and beyond. Yes sometimes albeit a bit unorthodox, but think about it- so are we purchasing AND standing by a machine that could become problematic at anytime! That my friends is faith and loyalty. So kindly give us back the person who did more singlehandedly to instill this faith in company and product in us.

Dear owners of the company AND office manager- read this string. See what an asset this young man is. And kindly return him to where he's best suited and needed.

Julie C.

dpowli
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
AMEN! We want and need him back!

DDV
03-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Al posted: (quote)The unit purchased on eBay that had a broken plastic cover and a jammed bit in the holder. I am sure that frustration was the cause of the broken cover along with a few choice words that were exchanged with the poor Sears employee who got stuck with the return. Had that person found this forum, BARD's answers would have SAVED that unit from being a return. That's just ONE CASE. How many units stuck in the UP position were saved from returns? (quote)

I posted that message (above) and have gotten one of Bard gruff reply in an earlier message. But, he did reply in his manner. Done the same thing a few times myself. He may have seen the above posted message as a dumb question. But he would have answered the question in his own way. Good for him. CW is making a big mistake!!

Digitalwoodshop
03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
"Al if you were any closer I'd buy you a cup of coffee and give you a hug. VERY WELL PUT my friend. My compliments."

A Cyber Hug.... Electronically delivered (:))

Thanks!!!

AL

Semper Fi
03-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Sounds to me like someone wants to kill the messenger! I agree that by doing this(?), they have added to the call center workload and potentialy decreased their customer satisfaction. My guess it probably goes back to him mentioning the subjects of a recent meeting.(see post on not returning parts) They really ought to realize how important this forum could be to them and apply more resources to it, not less.

JMHO,
Ernie

oju392
03-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I have talked to the Bard this week and he is the one I wanted to talk to and I did get lucky. I was seriously considering taking my broken machine back to Sears; but, after talking to the Bard I have reconsidered.
Thank You
Bard!!!!
I would love to see you back in here

FdxGuy
03-09-2007, 11:17 PM
I have talked to the Bard this week and he is the one I wanted to talk to and I did get lucky. I was seriously considering taking my broken machine back to Sears; but, after talking to the Bard I have reconsidered.
Thank You
Bard!!!!
I would love to see you back in here

Amen brother.... BRING BACK THE BARD!!!!!!!!!!! (and give him a raise for working more hours than he should......)

toothpicks
03-11-2007, 11:42 AM
As I understood, from talking to him, he is IT as far as tech support goes at CW. I know they are having growing pains, and that can easily prove to be disastrous to a small company.

But really, the guy needs more support. He's swamped.

Come on, CW, get with the program here. We need readily-available tech support for this machine. You may already be buried with warranty returns, but how would you like to be buried twice as deep?

The Bard gave this forum an element of the company's presence. Removing that element tells us that CW cares not about customer service.

HandTurnedMaple
03-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I have talked to at least 3 different people in machine support (plus Deidre who seems to take their messages/call log), so he's not alone. And if you look around the internet, they have job ads posted everywhere. But they are probably faced with the quantity-over-quality issue in hiring and are choosing quality which takes more time (not to mention training on the specific machine).

newcarver
03-11-2007, 03:42 PM
We all need someone who can discuss issues with this. Right now is there anyone from cw who even reads or posts to the forum, I know a little help or even a confident voice would be nice. It seems with the problems that have occured that they are hiding.
maybe not
i vote yes
his humor lightened all of us.

adoni
03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
I own a CC through an eBay purchase. It's DOA. I have talked one-on-one with the Bard and he was quite helpful in getting me started on trying to get my machine operational. It's collecting dust but NOT producing dust. Speaking with the Bard gave me hope that although I have one of the first units shipped to Sears, CarveWright was going to help me get it running. It's almost been a month and I can't use it ... PERIOD. In fact it's going on 3 weeks since I mailed my bad memory card to them and I've heard nothing since.

Additionally, I'm not certain who set up the forum, if it was a private party or CarveWright, but you'd think they'd want someone that could be helpful to us USERS.

I work for Caterpillar and one of the main focuses of theirs is the end user. They have a support network set up that is world class. And not because they make junk, because they want repeat business or word-of-mouth business.

BRING BACK THE BARD!

ausomm
03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
We took a visit to LHR headquarters & was totally jaw dropped @ the politeness of the entire crew. Not that I expected anything less, Their place is ausomm they are all willing to help those that I met. great work attitude. Not at all stuck up or flamboyant though they're overwhelmingly smarter than I are. Spent a couple of hrs there amongst them & they have same human like qualities as the rest of us less intelligental people. They even astonished me by having a 4 steps away bathroom, no it's not in the open where they're all watching you & it's not a hole on the floor or in the wall. It's a real room you do your necessities in with a closed door & real white unused full roll of fresh cut oak tree skins, OUCH! Yes there is the real charmin stuff if your not a true woodworker & all. Very civilized group & oh yes I met the Bart & Daddy Homer no it was The Bard & his cool fix it with my hands in my pants under 5 min. with my eyes closed & under water self. I definitaley want him back online, there are those techs who chose not to be online & is their choice but I did recieve lots of help from him. You guys are ausomm & would share a lunch, share a beer, share a ride, shed some tears for the loss of any of them. Well the share a beer would depend on if it is the last one or not, & on whose buying the next round, Ha!
From the top guy on the todem to the one holding them up @ the bottom Your all Great!!

Digitalwoodshop
03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
News Flash Bard seen enjoying a movie after working hours and enjoying life away from the web..... Pictures at 11. Life is GOOD....

Well, I can dream, can't I.....

Let's hope He IS enjoying life.

AL

Gman_Ind
03-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I work tech support for the last 9 years and if a person does not 'shut down' the stress will eat a person up. I would get short tempered and almost mean after the 101th stupid call blaming me for them forgetting their password. After I moved beyond the call center I actually enjoyed working with the end customer again.
I personally would love to have a CW tech online answering my questions. I just bought some parts through partsexpress.com and had some tech points I wanted clarification on and after chatting online for a few minutes I found my first choice of parts was not the best choice, the tech suggested different parts and I they were a much better fit for my aplpication.
Disclaimer:Thats my opinion and I am an Ogre so weigh it as such. ;)

Debbie Spencer
03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
YES! YES! YES!!!! We need THE Bad Boy Bard Back!!! Hey! I think there is a song in there somewhere........Hey ladies! Bard told me to say HI!
If someone could please slip a piece of paper under his door, please tell him that MY MACHINE IS WORKING!!!!! =O) I repeat.....MY MACHINE IS WORKING!!!!! (Off to knock on all the wooden objects in my home)...Thank him for me and give him a cookie!
Deb