PDA

View Full Version : Digitizing first time

carrothers
03-25-2015, 06:21 PM
these are two pictures of a replacement "handle" that I carved to replace a missing one on my mothers antique cabinet. She had replaced the original handle with a wooden spool about 50 years ago. I built a sled and took off one of the original handles and scanned it. I carved it with one of the new longer carving bits as it was slighly over 1 inch in depth. Can't tell which one is the original. 7515875159

want2b
03-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Probably one of the greatest uses of the carver on the emaotional level, something that could not be easily done but fulfilling for you and your family. Before my mother passed one of her priorities was the appliques on the end of the pews at the family church that were broken/missing. I was able to remove a good one and scan it making replacments for both left & right ends. She never got to see them done but for me it actually justified my purchase of the carver and probe.
Wonderful to see you using the carver to restore a family heirloom. Can't imagine how much she appreciated it.
Thx for sharing,
Rick H

mtylerfl
03-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Thank you both for sharing how the scanning probe helped you in your restoration projects. Both testimonials are very heartwarming and really topped off my day. Thanks again.

CNC Carver
03-26-2015, 05:42 AM
Both are great jobs, I'm sure you both are very proud of work you completed. Good luck on future projects also!
Jeff