PDA

View Full Version : Gray scale??

Iron Mike
03-23-2015, 10:55 PM
I have a 4" diameter multi-color (glossy) window sticker that I want to make into a pattern so I can carve a 20" plaque for our next military reunion and I don't understand this gray scale conversion stuff at all. Can someone point me to where I might find out how/why it's done. Does it require special software or scanning? I'm using Designer 2.007.

Thanks

bergerud
03-23-2015, 11:40 PM
Can you scan it? Or take a picture (zoomed in from far away) and post it so we can have a look.

Iron Mike
03-23-2015, 11:53 PM
Can you scan it? Or take a picture (zoomed in from far away) and post it so we can have a look.

Printer said it was scanned at medium resolution - will this do?

bergerud
03-24-2015, 12:10 AM
Look what I found. This will provide a cleaner start. I am sure BJB can make something from this.

Iron Mike
03-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Look what I found. This will provide a cleaner start. I am sure BJB can make something from this.

WOW - Where did you find it,on the Pleiku website? Thanks!

Is there info anywhere on how to improve JPG pictures to improve quality? That's what the gray scale is for isn't it? I'd like to learn a little (I think!!).

Have a nice evening.

bjbethke
03-24-2015, 01:57 AM
I have a 4" diameter multi-color (glossy) window sticker that I want to make into a pattern so I can carve a 20" plaque for our next military reunion and I don't understand this gray scale conversion stuff at all. Can someone point me to where I might find out how/why it's done. Does it require special software or scanning? I'm using Designer 2.007.

Thanks

Will this work?

bergerud
03-24-2015, 08:10 AM
I don't understand this gray scale conversion stuff at all. Can someone point me to where I might find out how/why it's done. Does it require special software or scanning?

BJB uses a program called Shadermap. It is really good at converting graphics to gray scale. BJB is really good at using it. It is an inexpensive program which you should try if you want to play with converting things to gray scales.

I just found the graphic on the web. Goggled the name and displayed as images to find it.

Iron Mike
03-24-2015, 08:46 AM
BJB uses a program called Shadermap. It is really good at converting graphics to gray scale. BJB is really good at using it. It is an inexpensive program which you should try if you want to play with converting things to gray scales.

I just found the graphic on the web. Goggled the name and displayed as images to find it.

Thanks to both of you - I tried the web search too but didn't come up with anything as good - may not have used Google though.