PDA

View Full Version : Rock Chuck Company?

djarboe
03-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know if C-W Parts is still in business. I bought my rock chuck from them, and wanted to get new bits, and adapters for larger shank bits.

I understand he had a personal tragedy due to a fire. I have tried to contact him via email, but no response.

Should I change my chuck back to the original? When I bought the system, I also bought the entire router bit selection from CW. In order to use them, however, I need adapters.

Suggestions would be most appreciated!

Dave

Digitalwoodshop
03-21-2015, 02:12 PM
I have heard the same about C-W Parts and don't have anything to add.

If you change, I would not go back to a QC Chuck as the CarveTite at LHR is far superior.

If you do change, I would be intersted in buying your Rock stuff.

AL

jab73180
03-21-2015, 04:29 PM

If you change, I would not go back to a QC Chuck as the CarveTite at LHR is far superior.

AL

Does anyone know if C-W Parts is still in business. I bought my rock chuck from them, and wanted to get new bits, and adapters for larger shank bits.

I understand he had a personal tragedy due to a fire. I have tried to contact him via email, but no response.

Should I change my chuck back to the original? When I bought the system, I also bought the entire router bit selection from CW. In order to use them, however, I need adapters.

Suggestions would be most appreciated!

Dave

it doesnt cost much to switch to the carvetight. i just sold my rock chuck to docwheeler and you get a credit when you return the old chuck to LHR. i also needed bearings for that truck, so that saved me even more money because the new truck comes with new bearings. private message me if you want a money breakdown. unless nobody minds me posting that to the public??

djarboe
03-22-2015, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know if another company supplies the Rock Chuck accesories? The CarveTite is a bit pricey for my budget.
Dave

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-22-2015, 01:03 PM
If you are looking for a 1/2 inch end for the Rock Chuck I have an extra. Are you using 1/4 inch? If you no longer want to use 1/4 inch, I could trade you a 1/2 for a 1/4.

I only use 1/4 inch.

AL

djarboe
03-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Thanks Al,
but I want to keep my 1/4" as well. I appreciate your offer, however.

Deolman
03-22-2015, 09:22 PM
CW-Parts still has a web site here:

http://www.cw-parts.com/

Here is the email address listed on the site:

rj@cw-parts.com

Hope this helps.

djarboe
03-24-2015, 01:47 PM
I tried all that, and no response. Bummer.

Digitalwoodshop
03-24-2015, 05:24 PM
I will sell you a 1/2 inch end.. PM or email me.

AL

djarboe
03-25-2015, 10:56 AM
That's a very kind offer. does this one work with the Rock Chuck?

If so, I'll be glad to pay you for it.

Let me know

Dave

I will sell you a 1/2 inch end.. PM or email me.

AL

Digitalwoodshop
03-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Yes, the 1/4 inch lower part un screws and this 1/2 inch chuck screws on in it's place. He made a 1/8th inch version too. The upper chuck stays on the truck. It really was a impressive design.... Send me an address via PM as I am going to the Post Office today.

djarboe
03-26-2015, 11:10 AM
What is PM?
Nevermind, just figured out how to send a private message.

Yes, the 1/4 inch lower part un screws and this 1/2 inch chuck screws on in it's place. He made a 1/8th inch version too. The upper chuck stays on the truck. It really was a impressive design.... Send me an address via PM as I am going to the Post Office today.