PDA

View Full Version : Changing drill diameter

billybehr
03-18-2015, 08:29 PM
I am carving blocks with a series of set diameter holes in them. I want to repeat these and change the diameter of all the holes without redoing each one over and over. Is there a way to change the diameter of the holes as a group?

bergerud
03-18-2015, 08:52 PM
No. If you select them all and double click on one of them, you can make the changes to each dialog box as they pop up one by one. I do not know of a way to change them all at once. Copy and paste may be faster if your holes are on a snap grid.

Edit: I am wrong - you can - read on!

fwharris
03-18-2015, 08:53 PM
No. If you select them all and double click on one of them, you can make the changes to each dialog box as they pop up one by one. I do not know of a way to change them all at once. Copy and paste may be faster if your holes are on a snap grid.

I just did select all and the was able to change the diameter for all of them at the same time..

bergerud
03-18-2015, 09:07 PM
I have been trying to do that for years. Pray tell, how did you do it?

When I do it, I get a sequence of drill dialog boxes which need to be dealt with one at a time.

Edit: Ok, I get it! You used the diameter edit box in the tool bar. Thank you for correcting me. It is not the diameter I usually want to change but the max pass depth. For that I have to go through all the edit boxes. I guess that is what I remember.

So lesson learned (or maybe re-learned!!) depth and diameter of a collection of drill holes can be all changed at once using the edit box in the tool bar.

fwharris
03-18-2015, 09:11 PM
I just typed in the new diameter in the size box. This was with the drill function. Doing something different??

bergerud
03-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Thanks Floyd. I get it. If you double click on a drill dot, however, you get the drill dialog box. If you have many drills selected, you get a dialog for each drill. If you want to change anything besides the diameter or depth, you have to go through all the dialogs. If you want to change the max pass depth, bit, or whether or not the hole goes through, you are stuck with the sequence of dialog boxes.

I always thought that only one dialog should pop up for a selection of drills and globally apply.

So, billybehr, I was wrong, you can change all the drill diameters at once.

fwharris
03-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Correct, by selecting all you can change depth and diameter but that is all.

bergerud
03-18-2015, 09:35 PM
I think all billbehr wants to do is change the depths, so thanks for catching me on that one.

fwharris
03-18-2015, 09:39 PM
I think all billbehr wants to do is change the depths, so thanks for catching me on that one.

No problem, you have caught a few of mine! :)

CNC Carver
03-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Everyone here sharing knowledge is great. That is what keeps me getting back online is to learn a new(or relearned old) trick! :)
Jeff