PDA

View Full Version : Finally up and running!!!

Sarge
03-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, folks, I let the machine sit for two weeks after I got it. I actually took the time to read the manual ..... AND every post on the forum. I took the liberty to "borrow" some mpc files here too. The temperature here finally hit 60 plus.

My wife has been on my back constantly asking what this tool does that my others won't. She also wanted to know what the carvings would be used for. Her thought process is ("You can only use one tool or gun at a time"..

I decided to run a nameplate with her name on it to give her an example. I loaded a project on the card, uncrated the machine and prepped everything. I had alot of white pine laying around, and was willing to sacrifice it. After two "practice" runs, I did a final cut in "best" quality. I only ran into one error, the darned thing wouldn't read the boards. After getting that remedied, I was up and running. AND the darned thing ran like a sewing machine on Nitrous Oxide!!! Not any louder than other machines in my shop.

I can't wait to get into warmer weather, or I'll have to get a good heater. This thing is greater than sliced bread.

pkunk
03-06-2007, 09:40 PM
That's great Sarge!:) And you read the manual??? :) I don't recall reading mine, but guess I haven't needed to as most of the questions can be found here.:) Just funnin' ya...Glad you're havin fun.:)

HandTurnedMaple
03-06-2007, 10:51 PM
That's the beautiful thing about CW, you can use more than one at a time since the CW operates itself.

DWD
03-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Congratulations Sarge, You will be spending more time now. Like Pkunk I have sold some stuff but most of it stays in the house or with friends.

Glad to have you aboard.

IM2HAPPI
03-07-2007, 01:44 AM
You left her in the box for 2 weeks ? Oh wow.... Glad to see you finally have her out now. Tell Renee that it likes females too, not just a guy toy. My hubby doesnt like me using table saw, chop saw,planer. Other than cutting yourself on bit ( tool for that ; ) Im thinking cant get hurt on it. Her sign look very nice btw.

Bill
03-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Hello Sarge,

Very nice sign :) When your wife finds out what the machine can do
you may have a full time job with carvings just for your home ;) .

bernie
03-07-2007, 07:08 PM
I like to know how to get my pic smaller to put on here

Skyhawk
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I like to know how to get my pic smaller to put on here

Bernie,

This really depends on the software that you own...and the format that the picture is currently in...

If you have Photoshop simply resize the picture to 4" x 3" (or so) which will make it small enough to post...

Sarge
03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Here are the major steps that should be very similar on most programs.

1. Open the picture in your photo program. Go to “Image” and down to “Attributes”. This will open a small box to change the size of the picture.

2. You want to change the size of the picture (pixels), keeping the ratio the same. (If you decrease the size by 80 pixels on height, then do the same reduction in width.) Hit “OK”

3. Save the picture as the specific type somewhere you can find it.
Upload the picture, the “Attachments manager” will show it attached or tell you if its too big for that specific type of file.

4. Make sure you stay within the size restraints listed on the “Manage Attachments” window. GOOD LUCK!!!

cajunpen
03-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Bernie - the further your camera is from the image, the smaller the image will be. Get about 100 yards from the item and snap the picture, it should fit just fine. Of course you know I'm just kidding. Sarge's method should work much better. Good luck:p