PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck is "The Bard" ?

IM2HAPPI
03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Dont tell me he gets a day off this early in the week ? LOL just wanted to rag on him about how well "My Girl" is preforming since the update ; )) and even before it.

Julie Coffey
03-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Ya know Barb your right. He doesn't get days off or doesn't seem to, not often anyway. There were several questions posted here he would have normally responded to by now. He's always johnny on the spot with replies, but he is ALWAYS here.

Inquiring minds want to know- where's our boards personal customer service rep?

Julie

pkunk
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Aaaw, he'll be back.. Probably working his second job or the CW bosses locked him up in a 'phone cell' with no internet access.:) :)

Kenm810
03-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Must be locked up –or he’s got some poor soul on hold and is taking a nap.:rolleyes: :p

ken

FdxGuy
03-06-2007, 08:37 PM
The Bard does not Sleep
The Bard does not eat
The Bard does not take days off
The Bard does not - not respond to messages in the forum
Therefore
The Bard is dead

There is no other possible conclusion. He worked himself to death.

Dont tell me he gets a day off this early in the week ? LOL just wanted to rag on him about how well "My Girl" is preforming since the update ; )) and even before it.

HandTurnedMaple
03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Something fishy is happening. Who ever called me from Tech Support today definately wasn't The Bard. I would worry but his absense makes me the King of Smart Alecks, a title I could never hope to attain with him close by.

Digitalwoodshop
03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Having worked Customer Service as a tech at the Sony Philly Service Center, I know that going above and beyond the call of duty, like BARD did, can get your PP wacked. I almost got fired for giving the Manila Phillippines Sony Call Center, the fix, I had developed to let you add a phone handset to the SPP 2780 home phone set when a flaw wouldn't let you do it. The call center procedure flooded me with brain dead phones. My customers said that's what they told me to do over the phone... And it killed the phone.

And that is only one case.... I worked there for 4 years and walked a fine edge between helping a customer and playing hard ball with profit in mind.

Every return repair, or unit returned after being fixed was your written evaluation and pay raise death sentence. Most people knew if they sent it back 3 times they would eventually get a brand new unit.... Ouch....

PlayStations were the most fun to fix.... and test.

Where ever you are BARD, let it be known that in my opinion, you are a great asset to the company. I have learned much reading what you have written. Your humor on the phone was refreshing......

After my post last night "Que the Bard" I looked for Batman art work to change the BAT symbol to a BARD.... In the Gothum City Needs BARD..... Pick up the BARD Phone.....

If you have moved on, and I hope NOT.... but GOOD LUCK to you.

AL

DWD
03-06-2007, 11:51 PM
I actually talked to the Bard around 2 central time. He had just returned from lunch. I guess someone felt a little nourshment was necessary.

Bard defines the word customer service. Lets all be glad he works for a company like LHR. (I wonder if that stands for left hand rules).

Julie Coffey
03-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Now I'm assuming here but I have a feeling Digital is right. And now that CW is maturing they are taking the personality of out customer service. I know hes not moved on, he was there yesterday.

I want to say if this is indeed the case its regrettable. If he needed time away from the boards because of burn out- I could see that happening as well. Now as all of you know I've yet to have any issues with my machine but the few times I've dealt with their CS I've had no issues and I'm a hard sell.

Does this mean that every CS experience will be the same? NO. Does it mean that every person who calls will hang up happy- come on folks let be real here. You can't please everyone.

In all fairness to both sides we don't know what was said when people recount experiences here and its only one sided. LHR employees would not be able to respond because of company policy if their company was anything like the ones I've managed in the past. So we take them at face value decide if what they have to say is noteworthy and move on. Do some exaggerate- probably, but when its all said and done I do not believe for one moment any malicious intent by the powers that be at LHR are conspiring to piss off any customer. Though I believe there are some here who could be prime candidates. People come here read the boards, see there could be issues and made a choice to purchase regardless. Does that give the company a 'by' for machines that don't work- not in the slightest. I don't want an 1800.00 anchor anymore then the rest of you guys.

Explosive growth is the downfall of most small companies and from what I've seen I'm glad I'm not on the staff it would be headache central.

Like grandmother always said- this too shall pass. But I WANT OUR BARD BACK if you guys at LHR could be so kind.

Just my two pence from 'Thelma'.

Kenm810
03-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Amen – this forum would not be the same with out our masked curmudgeon, The Bard:(
Ken