PDA

View Full Version : Why is my pattern jumping?

fortpenn
03-07-2015, 02:13 PM
I am getting an intermittent problem that is driving me crazy. I am getting a "check tracking roller" error that I can find no reason for. The roller appears to be functioning properly and there is nothing wrong with any of the boards. After I started getting this error, my pattern started to jump. The machine would be cutting and the it would stop in the middle of the pattern, advance the board and random distance ( 1/16" to 3" ) and then continue cutting the pattern like nothing happened. It is driving me crazy, it has not been reliable enough for me to commit to any work for it.

7485274854 :cry:

Thanks
Tony

Mugsowner
03-07-2015, 07:11 PM
I see you are using pine. Are there any knots on the backside that may give you problems with the brass tracking roller? This is where you hear talk of masking tape being used. The tape insures that the brass roller moves with the board even with minor imperfections.

bergerud
03-07-2015, 07:29 PM
I would say that something is messing with the brass roller. Press the brass roller down and see how close the O ring comes to the front belt. Or maybe the O ring has slipped out of its slot and is in the crack beside the roller.

Mugsowner
03-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Yeah I should have suggested looking at the brass roller and o-ring for issues. Great call, that should always be the first thing checked.