PDA

View Full Version : Strange request for a machine part

AlBCuttnWud
03-04-2015, 05:15 AM
I got a strange request to carve this into a 12-18 inch plaque. Not sure what it is but…I figured I would give it a shot. I imported into Designer3 but limited on knowledge of how to design from scratch. If anyone is able to assist….I am willing to pay for your time.

bergerud
03-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Is it possible to get the file in a 3d format like stl or obj, or, do you only have the jpg to work from?

bjbethke
03-04-2015, 09:22 AM
I got a strange request to carve this into a 12-18 inch plaque. Not sure what it is but…I figured I would give it a shot. I imported into Designer3 but limited on knowledge of how to design from scratch. If anyone is able to assist….I am willing to pay for your time.

Will this work? Looks like a head gasket for a lawn mower?

bergerud
03-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Nice work BJB.

Dale
03-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Nice job, I agree looks like a head gasket.

Bigtyme
03-04-2015, 10:40 AM
Well done, BJB. It looks like a great match...

CNC Carver
03-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Well done you make magic happen with all you know.

AlBCuttnWud
03-04-2015, 12:00 PM

First off, you are a ROCKSTAR! Honestly, I don't know what it is but I will show the guy who requested it and will give this thing a try. Thanks so much....I have a PM to send you as well.

Digitalwoodshop
03-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Looks like fun....

I visit some engraving forums and just a FYI that we need to be aware of bogus projects where you get a email with a "Can you make this for me?" along with... "What Credit Cards do you take?" and lastly, "I will be using my own Shipper".... The last 2 are warning signs.... Normally they OVER Pay you by CC and ask you to send them the extra money via Western Union.... Then your Bank tells you the CC is no good and Stolen... and you are out a bunch of money....

I just wanted to throw this out for a FYI.... It is Very unlikely that this project is a scam and please don't get upset that I mentioned it... Like I said, this looks like a Honest Project.... This is just a heads up as Carvers we may be targeted for a scam and be aware of the signs.....

The Laser Guys get Plaque Requests all the time that are bogus... Many shipping to Africa for a event like a kids race.

Good Luck with the project,

AL

AlBCuttnWud
03-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Looks like fun....

I visit some engraving forums and just a FYI that we need to be aware of bogus projects where you get a email with a "Can you make this for me?" along with... "What Credit Cards do you take?" and lastly, "I will be using my own Shipper"....
AL

I do appreciate the reminder. I post my woodworking projects on another forum and often get emails from people fishing. With this being a hobby it's easy to send my regrets.

For this little science project, it's an old boss of mine who asked me to help out so he's legit.

ktjwilliams
03-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Nice job BJB .... So quick ,,, Wish I could do patterns,,, I'm terrible when it comes to design software ... Data Base, Spread Sheet guy ... Ha ... Been messing with Sketchup for a year now and can finally draw a square ...

want2b
03-04-2015, 05:52 PM

Really great job on making a usable mpc, should make the receiver happy. Actually looks like a gasket for a 2 barrel carb as a guess. Probably something off the wall like a 2 cylinder air compressor head gasket. Anyway, nice conversion.
Rick H