PDA

View Full Version : y error

aokweld101
03-02-2015, 09:57 AM
I been having a time with my y error I changed the motor and when I started it up I have a y stall if the y is centerd on the machine before I can do the test it comes to the panel side and stalls. Can someone give me some help.

bergerud
03-02-2015, 10:35 AM
You have to describe more clearly what the machine is doing. How exactly does the stall happen?

Are you saying that you turn on the power and select y motor test and then it homes into the left side and stalls? Is that it?

aokweld101
03-02-2015, 10:49 AM
yes, Did all the test and only one that works is the z... cut motor test do'nt work either when the stall occurs is when it goes all the way to the panel side

bergerud
03-02-2015, 11:15 AM
I am at a loss to explain that. The computer is supposed to be measuring the y motor current and know when it hits the wall. Reformat and re-flash the firmware. If it still happens it must be a wiring problem?? You could put the old y motor back in as a test. Maybe there is something wrong with the new y motor??

aokweld101
03-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Allright Dan I know the gears in the motor are bad on the old one, I'm going to use another card and reformat the card and see if that works....thank you..

DocWheeler
03-02-2015, 11:42 AM
My ribbon cable slipped out of its connection to the Y-truck and gave me similar messages.
See if there is a problem with the connection or the ribbon itself.

aokweld101
03-02-2015, 11:56 AM
doc, I did miss with the ribbon yesterday I'll check it to thanks

aokweld101
03-03-2015, 12:43 AM
I'm still having a y axes stall it moves freely by hand but when it goes to the panel side I get the stall I've changed all that I know to change... y motor, new belt and cut moter brushes.... since I all ready had it apart .....and made sure the y main cable was pluged in any one have this happen. Im lost... a new idea would be nice... thank you

bergerud
03-03-2015, 01:00 AM
Check the connections on the circuit board where the y motor plugs in. It must be a connection problem somehow. Look closely and make sure plugs are plugged in right. Not flipped or bent pins?? Go back everywhere you have been and double check everything.

aokweld101
03-03-2015, 09:10 AM
When the machine was working I did two of the same projects One got done at 38 percent the second one I done got to 15 percent done before the stall I know it was because of the y motor I still got to go and attack the machine again, my question is can I just get the plastic gear assembly or do have to buy another motor?

henry1
03-03-2015, 09:45 AM
When the machine was working I did two of the same projects One got done at 38 percent the second one I done got to 15 percent done before the stall I know it was because of the y motor I still got to go and attack the machine again, my question is can I just get the plastic gear assembly or do have to buy another motor?

you can still get the plastic gear only already inquired

aokweld101
03-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Thanks Henry, That will save some money, I kind of thought they would. I got rid of my boat cause it was a hole in the water I'm begining to think the same on the carvewright. but I sure like the things it does ....I'ts a love and hate relatonship with my machine....lol

aokweld101
03-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Allright, I'm at witts end, I have replaced all the parts that I know of y motor....belt...ribbon that goes to the z....I have done all that my knowlege knows, it's still doing a y stall on the panel side can some one help me before I replace all the parts on the machine... I have checked all the connections that I have missed with and all are good.

DocWheeler
03-03-2015, 01:42 PM
If using the user options to activate the Y truck, and you find that the position of the truck makes a difference, then the ribbon cable is about the only likely reason. Unless the bottom of the Y truck is somehow touching a bare wire in that area.

That is all that I can think of.

TerryT
03-03-2015, 01:43 PM
doc, I did miss with the ribbon yesterday I'll check it to thanks
If the problem is when the truck moves to the keyboard side, look closely at the ffc cable while moving the truck to the keyboard side and back. Make sure the cable isn't getting caught in the fins of the heat sink on the Y motor. I have seen that happen and cause some of the issues you are having.

aokweld101
03-03-2015, 01:50 PM
If the problem is when the truck moves to the keyboard side, look closely at the ffc cable while moving the truck to the keyboard side and back. Make sure the cable isn't getting caught in the fins of the heat sink on the Y motor. I have seen that happen and cause some of the issues you are having.

yes, checked the cable to make sure that it was'nt catching on the finns of the y motor and to make sure that it was catching nothing in between.. I talk with Chris at LHR AND he said the termination board but it's is clean

aokweld101
03-03-2015, 06:18 PM
I went back over the machine and nothing looks wrong, tommorrow I'm going to look at the belt again when trying to pull the y back and forth I might have missed up the teeth on the belt it's the best conclusion I can come up with.

mikemi
03-03-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm still having a y axes stall it moves freely by hand but when it goes to the panel side I get the stall I've changed all that I know to change... y motor, new belt and cut moter brushes.... since I all ready had it apart .....and made sure the y main cable was pluged in any one have this happen. Im lost... a new idea would be nice... thank you

About 2 weeks ago I was having basically the same problem after replacing the bearings in the Y motor assembly. It would move to the keyboard side and then not do anything more. I double checked everything that I had unplugged and it all looked good but still would not work properly. Finally I unplugged the Y motor connection and plugged it back in, and it has worked fine every since.

Mike

aokweld101
03-04-2015, 06:40 AM
I have done that to make sure my plug in was all in... the only thing that seems different its sluguish going to the panel side before it stalls.

henry1
03-04-2015, 06:59 AM
I have done that to make sure my plug in was all in... the only thing that seems different its sluguish going to the panel side before it stalls.

The only thing I can see that your gear on the shaft is slipping

aokweld101
03-04-2015, 07:43 AM
Henry,what gear might you be refering to?

henry1
03-04-2015, 07:51 AM
Henry,what gear might you be refering to?

the Y gear that travel back and forth anything is possible , you seem to have tried everything

aokweld101
03-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Like I said, I have hit the end of my list as things to do I'm going back out in the shop tear it down and inspect the two remaining things which is the belt and tention pully.

bergerud
03-04-2015, 08:11 AM
I think Chris may be right. The circuit board that you plug the y motor into could have gotten damaged. It makes sense. It seems that the motor current feedback signal is not getting to the computer. I would take a really close look at it and all the connections on it.

aokweld101
03-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Well Dan, it just so happens I have that board I will replace it and see what happens. I'll have a new machine before long....lol

aokweld101
03-04-2015, 02:55 PM
I got it running again... changed out the last two things ... the circuit board and the tentioning rollor... I have a whole new y systen instaled... my guess it was the circuit board. lol

bergerud
03-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Well, good you are up and running and good to note now a reason why the carriage stalls into the wall.

aokweld101
03-04-2015, 03:05 PM
AOKWELD101<<<<<<< Putting this expeince in the memory banks... Thank you gentelmen for the help...