PDA

View Full Version : Machine on and 74% done but stopped.

Franklinp44
03-01-2015, 04:39 PM
My machine is 6 hours into a basic shape cut out but has now stopped moving at 74%. The bit is spinning just not carving. Stopped carving barely touching surface. I stopped it blew it really good and slid the carriage so it would have to find itself. It went right back to that spot and paused again. Any chance this is a cool down period or something. Just cutting a shape from 1/2 plywood. Flex cable holdable and no error codes. Thanks as always.

bergerud
03-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Is there something stopping the board from advancing? Give it a little push and see if it starts carving again. A picture of the situation might help. You may have to abort the carve and look under the board.

Franklinp44
03-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Well i did abort it. Sort off. I raised the rollers up and THEN it gave the "check roller" error. I think the board may have been warped so bad it jammed?? IDK. Working fin now. Sucks to lose all that work though. At least now I know. Thank you.

Franklinp44
03-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Th next carve did the exact same thing in the exact same spot. I will delete the pattern from the card and re-upload it. I am guessing it may have become corrupt somehow. Did all the roller sensor checks per troubleshooting section and all checked out ok. I will report back if the re-writing of the card fixes this for future reference.

fwharris
03-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Th next carve did the exact same thing in the exact same spot. I will delete the pattern from the card and re-upload it. I am guessing it may have become corrupt somehow. Did all the roller sensor checks per troubleshooting section and all checked out ok. I will report back if the re-writing of the card fixes this for future reference.

Make sure you reformat the card and then up load your project.

aokweld101
03-03-2015, 06:34 PM
I see you just started ...Do you have a dust collector...

Franklinp44
03-03-2015, 06:55 PM
No. I stop and blow it out sometimes. It came with a dust collector but i have not put it on yet. I have to cut the cover and I want to make sure i am going to keep machine before I do any mods. It stopped exactly the same spot at 74% and exactly the same location. Wierd.

gashawk
03-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Once upon a time I had similar problem with coin map. I had copied, pasted a whole coin map and pushed it corner to corner so it just disappeared