PDA

View Full Version : Just updated to 3.102

dhilburn
03-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Now I can not select any board finish
When I take a design that had a finish and tell Designer to add a finish it moves some of the objects around but does not apply any finish

fwharris
03-01-2015, 03:38 PM
By "finish" are you talking about the board wood color under board settings?

What operating system are you using?

You might try to re down load the upgrade and re installing it.

dhilburn
03-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Yes I am talking about the board color under board settings

I am running Windows 8.1

Where do I go to re-down load the software?

dhilburn
03-01-2015, 04:11 PM
OK I found and down loaded a new version of designer 3.102
I installed it and I still have the same problem

fwharris
03-01-2015, 06:37 PM
If you have saved the down load to your computer do a uninstall of the designer and then re install it from the down load file.

If not save go back to the down load link.

dhilburn
03-06-2015, 09:02 PM
OK, I uninstalled Designer 3.102 and then reinstalled it

Still have the same issue

SteveNelson46
03-06-2015, 10:50 PM
The wood color and grain patterns are kept in the "woods1" folder located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\CarveWright3". It sounds like that folder is corrupted and is not being replaced by simply reinstalling. After backing up your favorites file located in "C:\Users\YourUserName\CarveWright\favorites.mpn" do another uninstall of the Carvewright program. Before reinstalling, delete the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\CarveWright3" and all of its subfolders. Restart your computer. Then, reinstall the Carvewright version 3 program. If you are missing the patterns in your patterns list replace the favorites.MPN file with your backup. That should fix your problem.

papawbummie
03-07-2015, 09:17 AM
What does picking board finish effect the operation of the machine. I have had my Carvewright for years and had never paid any attention to choosing that option Thanks Bert

bergerud
03-07-2015, 09:20 AM
It makes no difference to the machine. It is only a visual effect in Designer. I find wood grain just makes it harder to see the details.

dhilburn
03-07-2015, 11:12 AM
OK I uninstalled the program after making a copy of Favorites and made sure all files were gone
Rebooted the computer and reinstalled the program
Still does not work

I verified the directory woods1 is good and I can see all of the pictures in that file

Yes, you do not need to have the finish applied to the board for the system to work
but it is a feature that I paid for so I want it to work

any more ideas on haw to make it work?

papawbummie
03-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks Bert