PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions ... not your typical X Y Z

adoni
03-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I am an engineer and have extensive experience with AutoCAD and other CAD software. I am trying to draw in Designer and from what I have read it's a "start, angle, distance" type of program. What I am trying to do is draw lines, arcs, etc and then edit the X,Y coordinates to get my desired drawing. All I can edit are the start point X, the distance from the MIDPOINT , Y and the length of the line. There's got to be a way to do X,Y.

Any ideas? If I am vague I will try to export an image of my AutoCAD file.

TIA
adoni

Jeff_Birt
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
You can constrain ('attach' in CW lingo) either end of a line anywhere you want. Thus you can make it any size/any position you want.

HandTurnedMaple
03-06-2007, 06:56 PM
You cannot edit the X, Y coordinates directly as you can in CAD. That is an item I have on the Wishlist.

adoni
03-06-2007, 07:14 PM
You can constrain ('attach' in CW lingo) either end of a line anywhere you want. Thus you can make it any size/any position you want.

Thank you Jeff. I did also find the same. I guess the key to software is, especially graphic software, terminology, terminology, terminology. I hope to be posting my file soon.

I play disc golf and design trophies. The one that's been the most popular is a minature basket made from wood. I've done them in the past by hand, rather tediously and perhaps unsafely, but they did get done. Seeing what the CW can do, well, this is gonna work just fine!

Thanks again.