PDA

View Full Version : Bits are pushing up in carve tight adapter

saylesj
02-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Ordered a bit from CW online used it for one sign & now it is significantly pushed out of the adapter on the top side not sure what to do if anyone has any suggestions that would be great I am awaiting a reply from CW to see what they suggest It is a 16th carving bit

bergerud
02-25-2015, 06:34 PM
It sounds like you have a bad adapter. Can you afford to wait for a new bit? Do you have other bits?

saylesj
02-25-2015, 10:34 PM
It sounds like you have a bad adapter. Can you afford to wait for a new bit? Do you have other bits?

Yes, waiting for a bit is a bit disappointing but I can do it, have you ever been in this situation before? Do they charge you for a replacement bit do you know?

lynnfrwd
02-25-2015, 10:58 PM
I didn't hear about this issue today. Who did you talk to? Did they ask you to send picture? Send to support@carvewright.com.

saylesj
02-27-2015, 12:39 PM
I didn't hear about this issue today. Who did you talk to? Did they ask you to send picture? Send to support@carvewright.com.

See above

lynnfrwd
02-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Are u sure that wasn't it's original placement? Are u sure it slipped. Each adapter can be pressed at different places. Doesn't effect carving. Cause it measures bit each time.

saylesj
02-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Are u sure that wasn't it's original placement? Are u sure it slipped. Each adapter can be pressed at different places. Doesn't effect carving. Cause it measures bit each time.

to be honest i'm not 100% sure just noticed when i removed it

lynnfrwd
02-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Did the carving depth get shallower as it carved? Likely, the way is was pressed is just further down bit than your other one.

bergerud
02-27-2015, 01:10 PM
It has been my experience that bits go the other way. A loose bit comes out. I may be wrong, but I think Connie is right and that may be the way it was. Maybe you could mark it with a felt pen and do a test carve to see if it moves some more.