PDA

View Full Version : My recent carvings

trailblazzzer
03-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Here are a few carvings i've done for my father in law. He is a great wood craftsman, and I make his pieces that much better. The Goose Plaque was for myself and something I did alone. He had me carve the eagle in his entertainment center. And the Buck carving is a coffee table that we put a piece of glass over so it was a flush surface. I don't have a pick with the glass but you get the idea.

Vector art 3d patterns
proud owner of buck, goose, turkey, elk, panda, eagle
thinking on getting the $499 pattern

Trailblazzzer

bobreda
03-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer,

Those are simply outstanding.

Bob

Kenm810
03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
trailblazer

Great carvings, gotta love those Vector Art Patterns, I bought a few myself.:)

Ken

HandTurnedMaple
03-06-2007, 05:33 PM
All 3 look great. I especially like the use of the eagle on the display case. I can't wait until VA3D gets it into a scene.

I think you will really enjoy the scenes you will get with the Animal Collection. They add just that much more pizzazz to each carving (and not much extra time - 12" tall Deer Scene 1:08:00, 12" tall Deer 3 alone 1:05:00).

Gman_Ind
04-02-2007, 07:25 AM
It all looks great, It reminds me of a friends walnut desk he hand carved an eagle for the center pocket and put flocking around it, then a 1/4" glass top. I was always jealous of his carvings, not any more.
Wow I just had a thought, maybe I can borrow some of his carvings to scan once my probe gets delivered, I am sure he would be very happy to share /show off his artwork.

ChiselMeTimbers
04-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Great table. Is it only 15" wide? Looks larger. Did you add width after carving? Again, great job.