PDA

View Full Version : Cut Motor question

smurfjeep
02-24-2015, 12:49 PM
OK,I am sure this has happened to someone...

When I am working on a project and my machine is going through the calibrations (Insert bit, measure, insert next bit measure....) and it goes to work. Here is where I run into problems.

After is gets done with an operation, and requests the next bit, I insert it, the machine makes sure it is the correct bit, then it gets ready to carve/cut/route (whatever) however, sometimes the cut motor wont start up. The bit goes to the desired location, and starts dragging on the wood until I get a "Z axis stall' by then the piece is usually damaged, and I cant back up a step or two and start over again... so wasted piece.

Has this ever happened to anybody, where the cut motor fails to start again after a bit change.

I now watch closely and if the motor does not start, I lift open the cover and close it again, which usually starts the motor up.

Do I have a bad sensor or is this a normal glitch for a machine that has multiple sensors calibrated so close in tolerance?

Thanks,

Woody

CNC Carver
02-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Check your motor brushes. May be wore out or stuck.

bergerud
02-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Your problem is probably that right cut motor cover switch. Maybe you have a dust collector holding the cover up a little?

CNC Carver
02-24-2015, 01:22 PM
Yes I agree forgot about that..

Your problem is probably that right cut motor cover switch. Maybe you have a dust collector holding the cover up a little?

smurfjeep
02-25-2015, 09:30 AM
I will check, I do have a dust collector and ocassionally the grounding wire rests against the cover, thanks,