PDA

View Full Version : Z axis stall E06-0324

kiltedgunn
02-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Last week I completed a 12-hour carve and started a second one and, after going through most all of the setup, including all the way thru the 1/8" cutting bit measurements, I got a Z axis stall immediately after loading the 1/16" carving bit.

Got the chance today to clean the machine, did some research, upgraded to 2.007 and refreshed the card, before trying again. Same issue...measures fine with the cutting bit but barely moves before erring out after I install the carving bit. Never gets to actually measuring anything, so the E06 is stumping me.

I don't understand why the truck moves and measures just fine with the cutter and errors on the carver? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Lee
aka KiltedGunn

lynnfrwd
02-13-2015, 12:33 AM
1. CarveWright purchased 1/16" carving bit?
2. Z axis is truck going up and down. Z belt ok? No obstructions?
3. Bearings running smooth with no felt skip?
4. Check gear.

kiltedgunn
02-13-2015, 07:50 AM
Hey Connie, thanks for the reply!

Yes, it's a CW bit. The truck moves up and down just fine with the cutting bit and the belt looks fine, there are no obstructions that I see and the error doesn't occur at any specific location. When the machine is off, I can move the truck just fine and don't feel anything wrong.

Not sure how to check gear...I'll do a search and see what I can find on here. Thx, Lee

Mikewiz
02-13-2015, 08:10 AM
Hey I had the same fault code back in July and it was doing the same thing your machine is doing. It turned out to be the ffc cable going to the truck. it had a Crack where it plugs into the truck. The ffc cable is the flat white cable that is flexible. Look at that first.

Mike

kiltedgunn
02-18-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks Mike! I tried again, reseating the FFC cable at intervals along the way, and seemed to get farther than before but still error out. Gonna order one and give it a try!

Thanks, Lee
aka KiltedGunn

kiltedgunn
02-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Well ()*&*&^^&%^$%$%^&&__)(*)_(*)(*!!!

Received and installed the new FFC cable and it got Further, but still error out! Made it through the first bit install, then on the second bit install, it made it through the first plate touch and stalled before the second plate touch.

Now what? Any ideas?

aokweld101
02-23-2015, 09:30 PM
I had the same problem today, at looking closer at the belt it broke just enough to cause the stall and said it skipped.

bergerud
02-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Well ()*&*&^^&%^$%$%^&&__)(*)_(*)(*!!!

Received and installed the new FFC cable and it got Further, but still error out! Made it through the first bit install, then on the second bit install, it made it through the first plate touch and stalled before the second plate touch.

Now what? Any ideas?

Are you saying that the bit touched the bit plate once and then stalled on the second touch?

Assuming that there is nothing wrong with the z truck (belt and rollers), I have to go with dust in the encoder. Take the back off of the z motor and check the condition of the encoder. Look for dust, cracks, and also that it does not spin on the shaft.