PDA

View Full Version : tyring stl bowl again

aokweld101
02-12-2015, 08:23 AM
I had issues with this awhile back and Dan was helping me to figure it out, I think I might have what I was wanted, I was having problems with the outside contour blending in when I made it it was stair stepped and impossible to blend in could some one look at it please and tell me if I'm right this time... Thank you..

blhutchens
02-12-2015, 08:46 AM
I doesn't look like the bottom piece will line up with the second. If you outline the pattern on the bottom and lay it on top of the second piece it doesn't line up

bergerud
02-12-2015, 09:24 AM
It looks to me like the outside will be "lumpy". The sweep curves need to be made of pieces of one smooth curve. I made a curve and the broke it up into three pieces. Copied and pasted each piece to the sweeps. I do not know how they will line up but if they do it will be smooth.

aokweld101
02-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Dan, this is where I do'nt understand could you tell me more in detail of how you done it and how you broke the arc in three pieces

bergerud
02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
With the snap grid on say, 1/4" spacing, draw the cross section curve you want using a spline with 4 points. Space the points vertically 3/4" apart (so height pieces = thickness of board). Now copy and paste the curve to each cross section and vertically position it so that the third you want is on the board cross section. (I originally broke the curve up into three pieces but you do not have to. Thanks, I just learned a new trick!))