PDA

View Full Version : Help with this memorial plaque please

dehrlich
02-10-2015, 05:57 PM
I'm working on this memorial plaque. The problem I'm having is this... the oval frame in the middle is for a picture. I would like to place a piece of plexi over the top of it. I want to make a 1/8" deep depression in the middle of it for the picture and the plexi, but for some reason I can't accomplish it. You will find an oval shape already in the middle of the frame. I tried to merge the carve region and the oval frame but that makes everything else go out of whack.

Also any suggestions about the design would be appreciated as well. She wants eagles, roses and feathers... so far this is the best I've come up with. Thanks for any help.

chkorte
02-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Change the merge style for the oval to 'negative' and the depth to.125 with no feathering.

aokweld101
02-10-2015, 10:08 PM
you have to delete the two ovals that you already have... use snap to grid at .125 make your two ovals to size and on the inside oval use the carve region tool and invert tool use a .125 depth.. use the merge subtract tool ...on the outside oval use yor merge med.. that should do it .. I played with it and got what you wanted... for cleaning up the pattern bring up pattern edditor and use either the up-down or smooth tool.. might use the blur using it to no higher than 3. play with it ....

SteveNelson46
02-11-2015, 10:04 AM
I cleaned it up a bit and adjusted the height, depth and merge on each pattern. The quality of the flowers isn't the best but, I did as best as I could. For the oval I used the "Sweep: Rounded" tool and added a .125" deep carve region oval in the center for cleanup.