PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Carvewright

Canemaker
02-08-2015, 10:42 AM
I purchased the new 3.0 software and the new 1/32" carving bit and I am extremely pleased. I was able to carved in fine detail in extremely an small size that I wasn't able to obtain with the regular carving bit. Although I did break a bit during the process (probably due to operator error) [1. I didn't use optiomal setting, 2. I noticed that my outfeed table was slightly not level side to side] these are things I have control over and can change.

This happens to be the calendar season of Mardi Gras, Twelfth Night until until Mardi Gras day 40 days prior to the calendar day of Easter. My immediate family has had several large floats in the neighborhood parade for the past 20 years. Don't get me wrong this is the longest parade we have being over 3 miles long and has over 150 floats every year. This is truly a family event that happens in our historic neighborhood. Enough about our Mardi Gras which bring me back around to Carvewright.

Our family throws beads, doubloons, stuff animals and small toys. I try to make a specialty bead ever year that my family can cherish and keep for themselves. This year with a week prior to Mardi Gras and the new software and several 1/32" bits has given me the opportunity to finally make the [creme of de la creme] laissez bon temps rouler [Let the Good Times Roll].

I hope to submit several other photos when my led lighting arrives later this week (hopefully). Hope you enjoy this capability and gets your minds thinking of the possibilities you can achieve. The color picture is the original photo and the carving uses the same text and yes it's also a lithophane (what a unique specialty bead [one of a kind] to be cherished). The size is 2.75" in diameter and the third image shows the depth of the carving with the 1/32" carving bit. Again, Thank You LHR and my CW. Now I need to find the proper necklace to hang it from.. This won't be put on one of the cheap plastic bead necklace.

John

dbemus
02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
May I be the first to congratulate you on a truly imaginative and outstanding piece of work. I suggest you carve one for display at the CarveWright 2015 Conference.

dbemus

CNC Carver
02-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Wonderful idea. I'm sure your family and those that see them will enjoy your work. Look forward to seeing it lit and the nice necklace it will be hanging from.

Capt Bruce
02-09-2015, 11:22 AM
You will make your family the envy of the Krews. Very well done

mikemi
02-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Great job. I haven't had a chance to play with the 1/32" bit yet, but hopefully soon.
Your carve also brought back memories for me. I used to live in Hammond about 35 years ago and we (my wife and I) sure had a lot of fun around Mardi Gras time. She still dresses up with the beads and bright colors every Fat Tuesday, so next year I will have to make her something like this for her to wear. I won't have time this year.

Thanks for the memories,
Mike

Canemaker
02-09-2015, 08:02 PM
743737437474375Well those of you that want an update on the bead. I made a round hollow box to hold the led light system and for the bead to sit on top. I found an led lighting system that included three led lights, an on/off switch and battery with battery holder for $10 including shipping. This particular lighting system can hold up to 10 led lights on the same battery system and last for nine hours. The color is a multi-color pack that I purchased several years ago and had found in my work space.

CNC Carver
02-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Sounds like you are making headway.