PDA

View Full Version : software for carving photos

mikelf
02-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Hey everybody,

It's been a while since I have been here(health problems had to stop for a while) I am looking for some info on best and easiest software for carving photos. Can someone steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Man it's gonna be good to get back to learning more and carving more

zan29
02-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Mike do you mean a photo editor type software?

lynnfrwd
02-03-2015, 11:14 AM
To import a photo in Designer, you go FILE > IMPORT IMAGE. Make sure you read the Tips & Tricks on Lithophane Carving 101 and Carving Photos in Wood.

There are also several T&Ts on Pattern Editor. Pattern Editor is LHRs software that is similar to Photoshop in that you can manipulate an image on a pixel by pixel level. You will want to start with a high resolution image.

davidbf
02-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Call me mike, if you want to. You know who this is................................................ ......................................... It's me dummy

bjbethke
02-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Hey everybody,

It's been a while since I have been here(health problems had to stop for a while) I am looking for some info on best and easiest software for carving photos. Can someone steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Man it's gonna be good to get back to learning more and carving more

Hi; Welcome back. I find most photos do not make very good carvings. I like to make the Photo into a line drawing and use a program called ShaderMap Pro to make a Grayscale image to make the "Z" Truck work to give you a 3d look. BJB

ktjwilliams
03-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Geez BJB,, Your good with this stuff ....

bjbethke
03-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Geez BJB,, Your good with this stuff ....

Hi, thanks - I tried another one the other day from a photo; not a line drawing. (I'm not too good at drawing!) In the grayscale image; the grays were not in the right place. This was a photo of one of my younger brothers Grand Kids.