PDA

View Full Version : Re-register?

terry
03-05-2007, 09:47 AM
I just got the new computer up and running. When I downloaded the software I get the must register message. If I register again will it screw up the guys at CW if my machine is registered twice?

CallNeg151
03-05-2007, 09:57 AM
My imperfect understanding of the situation is that you are allowed to register the same number twice (to get it running on two different machines), which is what I did. When you go to register it a third time, you will probably get the already registered message, but if you call up support they can hook you up with an updated registration number.

terry
03-05-2007, 01:54 PM
I understand why you moderators get a little testy with those of us that have soup for brains. Alas if only I would have gone a little farther into the registration process, my question would have been answered. On a bit of a heavier note, I received a "new" memory card, plugged it into my new computer with the hi tech graphics card only to find the same bad card message. Did CW send out new cards, or were they just returning the one I sent in to try to be fixed?

Cliff
03-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Terry are you plugging the memory card into the CW reader via USB or straight into the PCMCIA port on a laptop?

Digitalwoodshop
03-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Looks like a PCMCIA card, Quacks like a PCMCIA card, but it's NOT.... Only access the card through the programmer is what he is saying.

AL

terry
03-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm plugging in to the USB port. The error Message I get is Error 126. I tried to re format the card and got the same message. I clicked on the firmware button and got a BAD FIRMWARE message.

terry
03-05-2007, 11:01 PM
The new computer is using Vista, but all the other programs I installed seem to work fine, and I can import to the the board just fine just can't upload to the card. I get the same error messages on the old computer. I'll be darned if I'll give up on this machine. It's carved some neat stuff for me

HandTurnedMaple
03-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Then I guess the problem is either your reader, or more likely they haven't got a Vista-compatible driver yet. I would have them send a new reader while testing the driver for compatibility. That way both issues can be tested.