PDA

View Full Version : Vector Groups Missing Parts

SteveNelson46
01-29-2015, 11:44 AM
I have an interesting problem. I built a project using vector groups of a University of Arizona Wildcat. Everything went well and I transferred it to the card and carved it. I opened the file again this morning and it had missing parts as you can see in the examples. I tried to duplicate the problem by correcting it, saving and exiting the program. When I opened the project again everything seemed okay. I had a similar problem yesterday when I was creating the original project but, I thought it was due to a deletion of the outside perimeter vector so I attributed it to user error. However, the problem reappeared today when I opened it for the first time. I'm still trying to figure out what caused the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

bergerud
01-29-2015, 12:33 PM
I have not seen that problem before. Are those your drawn in Designer vectors or dxf imported vectors?

SteveNelson46
01-29-2015, 02:44 PM
I have not seen that problem before. Are those your drawn in Designer vectors or dxf imported vectors?

I imported the vectors in from CorelDRAW. After importing a picture I used the trace bitmap functions and then exported them as a .DXF. Since the graphic was high-resolution it worked really well. The vectors worked really well in the vector group function in the Designer also. After uploading them to the data card the project carved flawlessly. I opened the project again just before typing this message and all appears okay. It seems that it just occurs randomly and I can't duplicate the problem. Maybe I need to try rebooting my computer. Attached is the MPC so someone else, other than me, may be able to figure it out.

Edit: after rebooting my computer I still cannot duplicate the problem again. Maybe I just spoke to soon. However, it did happen a couple of times yesterday.