PDA

View Full Version : A few things I’ve been working on

chkorte
01-24-2015, 03:41 PM
Here are a few things I’ve been working on over the last few weeks. My wife wanted a knick knack shelf to put over the thermostats. I added the butterflies because she has a lot of them on that wall. The ice fishing cribbage board I made for the American Legion (2 of them) as prizes for their upcoming ice fishing tournament. The picture showing 3 cribbage boards, the train cribbage board I made for a friend. Her husband works for the railroad. The 2 with wildlife scenes were given to the local DAV chapter for their Christmas party. The “RMJK” cribbage board I made for a gentleman at our senior center. Don’t ask me to explain it, it’s just the way he wanted it.

Canemaker
01-24-2015, 03:52 PM
The knick knack shelf over the thermostats is great. Are the butterflies attached to the top or were they carved separately and glued together. They look great, I'm a little confused on having three thermostats. I only have one and it seems to work great. lol..[must be a big house] lol. The Cribbage boards came out great and will be appreciated by whomever owns them. I really love the train.. great detailing. It seems you have the pattern down to a pin hole on the boards.

want2b
01-24-2015, 06:34 PM
Also really like the butterflies, but also the train and the winter scene. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Rick H

mikemi
01-24-2015, 06:55 PM
Excellent job on all of the projects. My wife wants another quilt hanger and you gave me a good idea with all the butterflies.
Thanks for posting.

Mike

chkorte
01-24-2015, 08:07 PM
The knick knack shelf over the thermostats is great. Are the butterflies attached to the top or were they carved separately and glued together. They look great, I'm a little confused on having three thermostats. I only have one and it seems to work great. lol..[must be a big house] lol. The Cribbage boards came out great and will be appreciated by whomever owns them. I really love the train.. great detailing. It seems you have the pattern down to a pin hole on the boards.

Actually there are only 2 thermostats. The dial in the middle is for a whole house air filter. The left one is for the in floor hot water heat. The right one is for the forced air furnace used primarily for the central air. The butterflies are actually carved as a part of the back of the board, a 10 hour carve.

Canemaker
01-24-2015, 08:14 PM
I couldn't image a 10 hour carve... I have carved for 3 1/2 hours and barely found things to do while it was carving. The butterflies came out great.

kgnjay
03-04-2017, 09:13 AM
looking for some direction on how to set up for making and drilling of a cribbage board. Any help is greatly appreciated

cjudas
03-04-2017, 10:57 AM
I know chefwarekits.com have 2,3,4 player templates if that is what you're wanting. They are made of steel (pegs too) so no worries bout boring the holes out.

normrichards
03-04-2017, 06:41 PM
do a search on the forum for cribbage boards you will find many patterns and projects. You can then use those to adjust and change to make your own.

Mugsowner
03-05-2017, 09:36 AM
looking for some direction on how to set up for making and drilling of a cribbage board. Any help is greatly appreciated

When I made my designs I make a group of drill holes containing the number of rows I require and a separator line. I then copy and paste the group where I want them.