PDA

View Full Version : Worked great three

Iron Mike
01-22-2015, 01:38 PM
times today but now the computer can't see the card.?

I have a card reader built-into my computer but it gives the same msg.

Ideas??

maryamick
01-22-2015, 01:50 PM
love the idea of card reader built into computer!!! Good luck on solution.

lynnfrwd
01-22-2015, 01:52 PM
times today but now the computer can't see the card.?

I have a card reader built-into my computer but it gives the same msg.

Ideas??

That "card reader built-into your (my) computer" will damage your card. You need to use the CarveWright Programmer. Try the programmer in a different USB port. Try reformatting the card, if it won't work in the programmer, otherwise, you may need to purchase a new card.

Iron Mike
01-22-2015, 02:11 PM
The Programmer wouldn't work prior to my trying the built-in reader. Ordered a new card. I did try different USB ports, and rebooting the computer as well.
Thanks.

lynnfrwd
01-22-2015, 02:17 PM
One more thing for others to also try...make certain your card is fully seated into the programmer.

Geomoo1
01-22-2015, 03:20 PM
My CarveWright card readers/programmers have never worked with my desktop computer for some unknown reason. No matter which USB port or reader I use. It may work once or twice but most times not at all. It keeps telling me the card is bad or it can't access the reader. I have two readers and cards and neither will work with it. I guess there are just some computers that can't, or won't, work with the CarveWright flash reader. Luckily both readers and cards work just fine with my laptop so that is what I have to use for uploading and maintaining my flash memory cards. Go figure?