PDA

View Full Version : gui.exe stopped working

Iron Mike
01-21-2015, 11:27 PM
I have recently been getting this error from time-to-time and program locks up. Running 2.007.

Any suggestion on what might be the problem?

Thanks

SteveNelson46
01-22-2015, 08:22 AM
When the Designer starts it loads all of your patterns in the patterns list into memory. If you have too many patterns it can make the Designer unstable. Try exporting the patterns you don't use on a regular basis and removing them from the pattern list.

Iron Mike
01-22-2015, 11:49 AM
When the Designer starts it loads all of your patterns in the patterns list into memory. If you have too many patterns it can make the Designer unstable. Try exporting the patterns you don't use on a regular basis and removing them from the pattern list.

Thank you Steve, I'll give that a try.

lynnfrwd
01-22-2015, 12:23 PM
You could call LHR for help...
It could be:

Your system is still trying to create the images for it's database to view patterns before opening
You could have too many favorites folders due to not installing or registering using the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR COMMAND
You could have too many patterns in your Pattern Library
We might also should look at your cwlog.txt file

maryamick
01-22-2015, 12:44 PM
ya know, I havent gotten this message in months! Awhile back I noticed I was getting it quite often. I started really paying attention to what I was doing on my computer at the time, and without fail, I always always always had to many programs open on my computer at the same time. I design websites in my spare time so I would have 4 or 5 browser windows open checking code or looking for another technique, along with photoshop and sometimes 5-6 programs open. If I know I wll be working in designer I reboot my computer and work solely in designer if possible and it hasnt happened since. Connie I'm going to clean up my favorites, lord you should see the patterns i have in there! haha. Hope everyone has a good day.

maryamick
01-22-2015, 12:45 PM
P.S. I'm Connie Mary's sister