PDA

View Full Version : Help with shield and cross

JDPratt
01-21-2015, 01:49 PM
I need a little help with this shield and cross if anyone is up to it. I couldn't find the simple shield or this cross in the store or pattern sharing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the low quality of the pic, this is what they gave me.

John

bjbethke
01-21-2015, 08:37 PM
I need a little help with this shield and cross if anyone is up to it. I couldn't find the simple shield or this cross in the store or pattern sharing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the low quality of the pic, this is what they gave me.

John

Hi John; I think this should work ? I also made the pattern as a single file. I lost your e-mail, send me a "PM" with your e-mail. I can send you the complete file.

bergerud
01-21-2015, 08:43 PM
Nice job BJB. I have learned to wait for it!!

oscarl48
01-21-2015, 09:15 PM
John,

I am really new at building patterns but did this one fairly quickly. I don't have center line so left the text blank. You can add text using basic designer but I think it would look better with a negative carving. The shield itself also has a slight curve which makes positive reliefs slightly different depths. If someone has center line and feels like placing the text in the shield I would love to have it as well. Hope someone can use this. This is one I will be carving.

I added a picture of the shield on how it would look with text but think a negative carving would look better.

Oscar

blhutchens
01-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Here is what BJB's will look like with puffing

eelamb
01-22-2015, 10:04 AM
oscarl48, very nice work on the shield and cross.

gashawk
01-22-2015, 02:06 PM
John,I am really new at building patterns but did this one fairly quickly. I don't have center line so left the text blank. You can add text using basic designer but I think it would look better with a negative carving. The shield itself also has a slight curve which makes positive reliefs slightly different depths. If someone has center line and feels like placing the text in the shield I would love to have it as well. Hope someone can use this. This is one I will be carving. I added a picture of the shield on how it would look with text but think a negative carving would look better.OscarOscar; good job. You can get a negative effect by using raster and a negative merge on text. However sometimes when you group for a pattern you can lose the effects. For this pattern to hold I left a positive merged screw outside the pattern . go figure. Also I outlined and used extrude for the curve, merging the "cover shield"

James RS
01-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Very nice job, do tell how you do it

Hi John; I think this should work ? I also made the pattern as a single file. I lost your e-mail, send me a "PM" with your e-mail. I can send you the complete file.

blhutchens
01-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Oscar; good job. You can get a negative effect by using raster and a negative merge on text. However sometimes when you group for a pattern you can lose the effects. For this pattern to hold I left a positive merged screw outside the pattern . go figure. Also I outlined and used extrude for the curve, merging the "cover shield"

Awesome Karl,
that is what I was trying for, just didn't have the time to play with it.

eelamb
01-22-2015, 04:54 PM
My hat is off to you Karl, that one came out great.
I rarely download a pattern, this one I did!

oscarl48
01-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Karl,

Very nice and thank you. I kept trying to get it to work and you are right that I kept losing the effect. Definitely on the carve list.

Oscar

JDPratt
01-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Wow, you guys are amazing when it comes to this stuff. Thanks to everyone who helped on this one. BJB and Karl, those are incredible. I appreciate the efforts. I think I am going to carve both and let them decide which they prefer. Please PM me with payment details.