PDA

View Full Version : How to know which direction CW will carve the pattern.

sunmiztres
01-20-2015, 08:59 AM
I like to carve scenery patterns and photographs but need the grain of the wood to go in the opposite direction of the carve to get the best look. I am still trying to figure out how the machine decides to carve the pattern so that I can lay the wood correctly so the grain is against the carve. I thought it would carve length wise but that is not always the case. I usuallyam wrong 2 out of 3 times depending on the pattern. Is there a "rule" on how the machine will carve the pattern so I can make sure the grain is the way I need it?
In the picture below Made in software as 5x7 with length 7 and width 5 as laying in the picture. Grain of wood needs to go left to right.
How do i know it is going to carve side to side rather then top to bottom. I hope I am explaining it right as I don't like coming back to the carve and see it is carving with the grain.
Thanks for any help you could give.73969

bergerud
01-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Just remember: the top of the screen in Designer corresponds to the keypad side of the machine.

sunmiztres
01-20-2015, 09:40 AM
Just remember: the top of the screen in Designer corresponds to the keypad side of the machine.

AHHHH that is a great rule and now easy to understand. Did not know that :(
Thanks so much