PDA

View Full Version : Easy Lithophane Box

Canemaker
01-18-2015, 04:13 PM
For those of you that want an easy lithophane box, check this out. It was made using sketchup in about 15 minutes. It took less than an hour to cut on the table saw only because we wanted box dovetail along the back of the box. You could easily use a miter joint if you wish. I will follow up with pictures of the actual box probably on Wednesday when it is totally finished. I used a 1/4 piece of corian that measured 7"wide x 9" high which slid right down into the 1/4" dado slot along the front sides and bottom piece. Pictures coming soon.. I'm in the middle of gluing on the bottom to hide the lamp cord.73950The top simply sits down inside the box and was cut on the table saw in 8 passes. Four times around the top laying flat on the table saw bed, then Four passes vertical to cut away waste leaving a perfectly tight fit. I also drilled a 1" hole centered in the inside diameter of the box to accept the switch cord as well as on the top to ease opening and allow any heat from my LED light to escape.

Here are the pictures of the finished project.740207402174019