PDA

View Full Version : Ruger pistol grips?

Iron Mike
01-16-2015, 11:41 PM
I don't have a probe and would like to make a set of grips for my retired (military/cop) friends birthday. Anyone have a pattern for a Ruger Blackhawk (.41 magnum)? I think many of their models (calibers) share the same frame and the grips might interchange with no or little modifications. Found a couple of patterns for 1911's but nothing for revolvers.

Thanks

blhutchens
01-17-2015, 08:05 AM
I have a single six .22 that I could scan the grips on, but i am not sure they will work.

Iron Mike
01-17-2015, 09:26 AM
I have a single six .22 that I could scan the grips on, but i am not sure they will work.

Would be great if they would work - I'll look at the Ruger web site or maybe call them to see if they may be interchangeable. I'll get back to you soon.

If not, would you be willing to scan the orginal grips that I could send you? I'd of course pay the return postage.

Thank you for the generous offer.

Iron Mike
01-17-2015, 11:16 AM
blhutchens -

I just went to the range where I shoot and looked at a Single-Six - the grips seem to match perfectly with those from the Blackhawk. If you would scan your grips for me I would love it!

Would I be able to 'modify' the pattern you would make? I'd like to do some customization, like removing the Ruger logo, no checkering and perhaps adding his initials and/or a medallion, and things like that. The only feature on the inside of the grip that is needed would be the lower-rear locating hole (I could do that manually if a two-sided scan would be too much work). If possible, and you do a two-sided scan, would it be possible to have no cutout relief on the inside, his pistol is a .41 Remington magnum and the extra thickness would help with strength. Anything at all that you could provide would be of a major help.

Again, THANKS

blhutchens
01-24-2015, 01:05 PM
This is a scan done on normal setting that took about 15 min.
I can tweak the pattern a little more to clean it up if you like.

blhutchens
01-24-2015, 01:32 PM
This is where the PE comes in to clean up things.

bergerud
01-24-2015, 01:37 PM
Can you post a .png? I would like to play too.

blhutchens
01-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Is what you are after?

bergerud
01-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Yes, thanks.

Iron Mike
01-24-2015, 02:35 PM
This is a scan done on normal setting that took about 15 min.
I can tweak the pattern a little more to clean it up if you like.

That's great, the only 'tweak' I would like would be removing the recess for the logo if possible. If not possible I'll deal with it someway.

THANKS a lot.

blhutchens
01-24-2015, 02:57 PM
sorry I didn't get the revision attached. Here it is

Iron Mike
01-24-2015, 03:55 PM
That is just fantastic, thank you so much. Owe you a favor.:D

Michael