PDA

View Full Version : My most unique sign to date

dehrlich
01-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Just finished painting one of the most unique customer signs I have done to date. She gave me the text she wanted, and wanted something to do with barbers. This is what I came up with. Had fun painting it. Still not sure the text is the right color, doesn't pop like I wanted but not sure what color to use. Anyway, wanted to share...

shasta
01-13-2015, 06:30 PM
what kind of paint are you using here?

dehrlich
01-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Its all just plain ol' acrylic paints. The stuff I used for "jewels" on the crown is metallic and special super sparkle stuff but all acrylic. Pine with english chestnut stain to start.

shasta
01-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Its all just plain ol' acrylic paints. The stuff I used for "jewels" on the crown is metallic and special super sparkle stuff but all acrylic. Pine with english chestnut stain to start.

i paint landscapes and fluer de lis with oils so i just use that on signs, never really tried acrylics as I am uncertain as to how to blend colors with them, seems like solids go on pretty clearly though

CNC Carver
01-14-2015, 09:53 AM
I would think the Red or Blue might pop a little more.

dbemus
01-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Very nice sign. I probably would use one of the colors from the barber pole for the letters, red or white.

dbemus