PDA

View Full Version : Infinity sign

Scott J. Zeiger
01-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Well, you guys got me thru my projects for Christmas, thanks for the help. Now I need some help with the infinity symbol. All I'm looking for is a pattern of it that would be similar to Centerline text.
anybody?

any help, as usual, is greatly appreciated.

Scott

bergerud
01-12-2015, 09:45 PM
This is a job for Vector Groups. A feature introduced in Designer 2. No one seems to use it. Also I added patterns made from the vector group. The second one was smoothed in Sculptor.

Edit: I should add that if you have Designer 2 or 3, you can cut this with the 60 or 90 V bit.

bjbethke
01-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Well, you guys got me thru my projects for Christmas, thanks for the help. Now I need some help with the infinity symbol. All I'm looking for is a pattern of it that would be similar to Centerline text.
anybody?

any help, as usual, is greatly appreciated.

Scott
Hi Scott; I made a Font that you can use CW Centerline to make the pattern. You need to load the Font on your computer to make it work. The Zipped file.

DocWheeler
01-13-2015, 11:14 AM
I was wondering how you guys would do this.
I fussed around trying to get Alt-2-3-6 to work and gave up.
Also looked through all of the wingdinds and others and found nothing.

It would add some new functionality if we were able to carve the entire character sets using the Alt key!!!!!

Scott J. Zeiger
01-14-2015, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys. and Docwheeler, I too tried the wing ding route with the same result before asking for help. I am making a picture frame for some photos of my grand daughter and I and thought it would be cool to add the infinity symbol.

Another question; if you make a carve region, how can you add centerline text to the bottom of the region?

bergerud
01-14-2015, 10:12 PM
Another question; if you make a carve region, how can you add centerline text to the bottom of the region?

You need the Conforming Vectors add on to have vectors or Centerline text "conform" to a carve region.

http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=21143&cat=400&page=1

Scott J. Zeiger
01-15-2015, 05:58 PM
oooohhhhhh, the more money thing. :) Thanks

Scott J. Zeiger
01-15-2015, 07:06 PM
I have the font installed as instructed, it shows up under options for text, but what key combination would I press to get the symbol to show up where letters/numbers would normally show up?

bergerud
01-15-2015, 09:00 PM
One thing you can do is use Windows Character Map. It is a simple little program which shows all the characters and lets you copy - paste them. (To run, type charmap in the run box or type character map in the search box after pushing the start button.)

SteveNelson46
01-16-2015, 11:09 AM
Here is the infinity symbol imported in as a .dxf. With this you can make a vector group, assign a bit, etc. I think what you are looking for is just to assign a 60 degree V-bit to a depth of .05"

bergerud
01-16-2015, 11:21 AM
That was also my first thought Steve (See post 2). But, since he has Centerline, using the symbol font seems to me to be the simplest thing to do.