PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Litho

blhutchens
01-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Just finished this double sided rotary litho of the death and resurrection of Christ.

SharonB
01-11-2015, 12:43 AM
I'm impressed with your litho. You would have to have a special place to display this as it would be hard to decide which side to use as the "front."

blhutchens
01-11-2015, 09:54 AM
I'm impressed with your litho. You would have to have a special place to display this as it would be hard to decide which side to use as the "front."

Yes, I am thinking maybe a series of individual lithos with death, resurrection, return, and seated at the right hand of God.

Mike1
01-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Very impressive and the lighting seems to works great for that litho.

Geomoo1
01-11-2015, 12:36 PM
Great job, Brent. This would be perfect on some type of rotating display if you could figure something out.

dbemus
01-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Impressive work! Great subject choice! Keep us informed on future lithos on this topic.

dbemus

blhutchens
01-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Great job, Brent. This would be perfect on some type of rotating display if you could figure something out.

It started me thinking with Sharon's comment.
There are a variety of music box movements that may work.
There are plates you can add to them to make your project rotate.

The only issue is you would be limited to battery puck lights/tea candles and not sure they would support the weight.
I could not find the duty rating on them.

p.s. I fixed the mpc on crucifixion. I started with the resurrection pattern in the center and added the crucifixion on each side. Anyway it wasn't quite right where they overlapped. I fixed it by just placing the pics side by side.

James RS
01-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Just thought,but what about a single light in the center and have it like those christmas carousels.
I can't remember the exact name, but the have a blade section on top and the heat rising rotates it.
EDIT: They're called german pyramids, but here's a picture of what I meant

It started me thinking with Sharon's comment.
There are a variety of music box movements that may work.
There are plates you can add to them to make your project rotate.

The only issue is you would be limited to battery puck lights/tea candles and not sure they would support the weight.
I could not find the duty rating on them.

p.s. I fixed the mpc on crucifixion. I started with the resurrection pattern in the center and added the crucifixion on each side. Anyway it wasn't quite right where they overlapped. I fixed it by just placing the pics side by side.

blhutchens
01-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Just thought,but what about a single light in the center and have it like those christmas carousels.
I can't remember the exact name, but the have a blade section on top and the heat rising rotates it.

Great Idea. It would almost have to be suspended from a swivel with a fan blade in the top to get the rotation.
I think the corded lights from lowes generate enough heat to turn one.

James RS
01-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Yeah we had one when I was younger and it had 2 birthday candles and it would fly.
Look at the lamp mounts that have the screw on top that would support it

deckard
04-02-2015, 09:24 AM
sorry if I'm late to the thread but is that pvc schedule 40? I don't have the rotary but thinking of getting one trying to think of materials that I could use.