PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Back Roller?

cestout
01-08-2015, 04:05 PM
My machine stopped several times with this message. What exactly does this mean? The roller is just rolling along the top edge of a flat board - no ups or downs. The machine is clean and I blew out the ends of the rollers. Twice when I hit Enter to Continue the carving dropped (deeper). Will I need to pull the end off to blow out the micro switches?
Clint

cestout
01-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Never mind, I found the old thread - I had the same question long ago. Guess I have to pull the end off.
Clint

cestout
01-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Problem still there. Cursing along, the rollers on the sides of the board - no ups and no downs - and it stops with stuck back roller. Press Enter and it will run for another 10 or 15 min. and stop again. Pulled the end off and checked the micro-switches. Everything is clean and unobstructed. The front roller shows compressed at abut 60lb. and both are compressed at 68lb = 1 click. If stuck roller means uncompressed, how does it get uncompressed. What exactly does does a stuck roller indicate in the middle of a carve? What sensor changed and how?
Clint

blhutchens
01-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Problem still there. Cursing along, the rollers on the sides of the board - no ups and no downs - and it stops with stuck back roller. Press Enter and it will run for another 10 or 15 min. and stop again. Pulled the end off and checked the micro-switches. Everything is clean and unobstructed. The front roller shows compressed at abut 60lb. and both are compressed at 68lb = 1 click. If stuck roller means uncompressed, how does it get uncompressed. What exactly does does a stuck roller indicate in the middle of a carve? What sensor changed and how?
Clint

Did you drop the roller and spring inside? Any time I get that there is a hair ball jammed up in there that you have to get out or the roller won't push all the way/release all the way.

cestout
01-10-2015, 02:37 PM
It is not a problem with the roller not dropping. The rollers are riding on the sides of the board in the middle of the carve - no ups and not downs - just riding flat.
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
01-11-2015, 11:20 AM
It could be a loose wire? Pinched wire? Bad Switch? The roller switch little metal tang drop's into a slot changing the status of the switch. See pictures.

I once had a screw loose.... (LOL)... that went into the bottom right of keypad smooth corner post letting the head lift slightly causing the switch to trip.

A close inspection of the roller switch is needed. Remove the keypad side being very careful of the keypad wires as they RIP EASY...

Picture 2 shows the tang in the slot as the spring has pushed the roller down or to the right in the picture. Picture 90 degrees.

AL

cestout
01-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Al,
I have had the end cover off twice working on this. I can see no problem. So I dropped the end of the roller out - had to use an impact screw driver - saw no problems. You have the micro-switch loose in one picture. I can not see how to get it loose? Anyway, I put it back together and and it seems to be ok now. I have doen about 3 hours now and no errors? As we used to call it in the phone company "CCWF" (came clear while fumbling). Anyway, how would I get the switch out - and back in - if I needed to?
Thanks
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
01-12-2015, 10:54 AM
I have only "A" units.... (Maytag Version) did they change it in the "B" and "C"? I don't remember.... I thought it was held by a screw?

Good you got it working....

AL