PDA

View Full Version : Red Lion Tutorial Issues

robboz4
01-06-2015, 06:25 PM
As Santa upgraded my software I thought I would try a tutorial. I'm on page 4 trying to do the path offset. I can't find the command from the drop down menu (right click). Also path offset is not showing anything under help. Has anyone managed this tutorial? Except the author that is ;))

CompuCarve
Updated to rubber traction feed;
New Chuck System.
dc Insert

iMAC 3.2Ghz Intel Core 3
8G DDR
1G HDD Plus 5Tb NAS storage

NEW: Project Designer 3.0!!!
Project designer 1.187
Centerline
STL Import

blhutchens
01-06-2015, 06:31 PM
Go to view, toolbars, customize and a drop down will appear where you can add it to your toolbar.

robboz4
01-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks for tip, but there is no Path Offset in my drop down menu. I downloaded the project file and can see the offset in the carve list but still can't find the command in any menu or help system...
Is this feature part of the advanced 3d add on software? Or have they missed it out of the Mac version...

blhutchens
01-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Thanks for tip, but there is no Path Offset in my drop down menu. I downloaded the project file and can see the offset in the carve list but still can't find the command in any menu or help system...
Is this feature part of the advanced 3d add on software? Or have they missed it out of the Mac version...

It is not a Mac thing cause Im running on one. I will go back and look at 3d to see. I can't remember when it got added.

blhutchens
01-06-2015, 07:28 PM
It is a 2D tool.

robboz4
01-06-2015, 07:46 PM
OK Thanks. I don't have the Vector drawing add on. I worked round the off set issue by copying the path and making a smaller version and carving out the region. I know that some of the features in the article are in add ons packages, like puffing, as it warns you if you try that it is a demo function. But to have an option used that's not listed and not documented as to where it came from is a bit confusing. Also it's not really a Designer 3.0 tutorial it's Designer 3.0 with all bells and whistles tutorial :( Will have to wait till Sant comes next year for the add ons.

Thanks once again for the help.

CompuCarve
New Chuck System.
dc Insert

iMAC 3.2Ghz Intel Core 3
8G DDR

Project designer 1.187
Centerline
STL Import
Scanning Probe

blhutchens
01-06-2015, 08:05 PM
OK Thanks. I don't have the Vector drawing add on. I worked round the off set issue by copying the path and making a smaller version and carving out the region. I know that some of the features in the article are in add ons packages, like puffing, as it warns you if you try that it is a demo function. But to have an option used that's not listed and not documented as to where it came from is a bit confusing. Also it's not really a Designer 3.0 tutorial it's Designer 3.0 with all bells and whistles tutorial :( Will have to wait till Sant comes next year for the add ons.

Thanks once again for the help.

CompuCarve
New Chuck System.
dc Insert

iMAC 3.2Ghz Intel Core 3
8G DDR

Project designer 1.187
Centerline
STL Import
Scanning Probe

Yea…..that may be a sales tactic.
there are ways to get there using basic designer. the ad ons just make it so much quicker and easier.
also you can go to your profile and add all you info to your signature