PDA

View Full Version : New SQL error

karossii
01-04-2015, 06:14 PM
After two uninstall and reinstalls of the software, I thought all the issues were gone. But today, thrice I have designer crash to the desktop; the first time no error message, just opened the program (by double clicking on a downloaded mpc file) and as soon as it displayed the mpc, it then shut itself down. Later, after opening the program normally and starting a new project board, it crashed to desktop, again with no error message. Jst now, when I came back a few hours later, I opened designer and as soon as I hit new project, I got this error;

SQL Error
column path is not unique Unable to fetch results
[Okay]

Just like that, including lack of punctuation, and the single capitalized word - the [Okay] button is grayed out, and I cannot click it. I had to use my task manager to end the process for the error message, at which point gui.exe also crashed (as I expected it would).

cestout
01-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Try running Norton's "Power Eraser" to see if you have a malware infection. Sounds to me like a problem with your computer, not the program.
Clint

karossii
01-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't use anything to do with Norton. They're nowhere near as bad as they once were, but they're still nowhere near the best, and not great for your computer's performance. I do have several antivirus and anti malware programs I use, and nothing is showing up on my end, and I have no problems with any other software I use. So I doubt it is my machine. Not saying it is impossible for it to be my machine, just highly unlikely.

bergerud
01-04-2015, 07:47 PM
SQL errors would have to do with the database structures that are used for patterns, materials, and file previews. The file preview option used to cause these errors.