PDA

View Full Version : How to move Patterns from old computer to new!

Firefighter938
12-30-2014, 09:26 PM
I have decided to do all my work on a new laptop. I was able to transfer all my purchases from my old computer to my new computer. I was also able to move the .ptn file from my old computer to the new computer. The problem is when I try to save them into the program on my new Laptop it says I need a pattern editor license to do this. What do I need to do to be able to use all of my patterns on my new computer? I am getting ready to sell my old computer and won't have the option to use it as a back up to design projects.

lynnfrwd
12-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Pattern editor license? Are you double clicking on the pattern? Click once on pattern and once on board or click and drag to board. Double clicking attempts to open in pattern editor and you cannot do that with licensed patterns.

Firefighter938
12-31-2014, 08:06 AM
Pattern editor license? Are you double clicking on the pattern? Click once on pattern and once on board or click and drag to board. Double clicking attempts to open in pattern editor and you cannot do that with licensed patterns.

I have a folder on the desktop of my new laptop with a bunch of patterns that I took off my old computer. While I'm in Designer 3 I can't get those patterns to transfer ingot he program or I can drag them into the program. I keep getting the pattern editor license needed tag.

If I download a .ptn file from someone I can click on it and it pulls up the image import window. If I click on one of my patterns that I am transferring from my old computer it opens the pattern editor window and then won't let me save it. Kind of crazy! All I want to do is clear out my desk top of patterns and put them on my laptop. All my purchased patterns transferred right over. These are all the patterns I created that won't import to the new laptop program.

fwharris
12-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Have you tried using the "open" from the file tab. You will need to change the file extension from mpc to ptn in the open window to get the ptn files to show up.