PDA

View Full Version : Lithophane help with eyes

t-townwilson
12-30-2014, 02:12 PM
I have carved this picture four times, and every time I end up with "zombie eyes" on two of the children. By that, I mean that the eyes in the litho appear as white holes. I initially thought my problem was due to lower resolution of photos emailed to me, but then I received a higher resolution copy and had the same results. I thought my problem might be light reflecting off the eyes, but even after darkening the eyes and removing the glare, I had the same result :-(. The problem is the child in the center of the picture, and to a lesser degree, the child in whose lap she is sitting. I carved these used the suggested settings of .180 depth and 450 height. I tried to post the mpc, but at 4.63 mb it is larger than the forum allows. How can I reduce the size so I can post for your perusal? This was a Christmas gift for a friend, and I would really like to give him a quality litho of his grandchildren.

Thanks,

Ron

fwharris
12-30-2014, 02:46 PM
I noticed a big difference when I set the bit optimization to best. Do you have the upgraded software with the lithopane view feature?

Geomoo1
12-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Ron,
I downloaded your picture and played around with the settings. With the standard settings of .180 and 450, If you set the Bit Optimization to Best, it seems to get rid of the "zombie eyes".

t-townwilson
12-30-2014, 03:19 PM
Thanks, I'll try that. I did not use bit optimization.