PDA

View Full Version : y axis error after install 1.119

wilson7
03-03-2007, 07:07 PM
After I installed the 1.119 version i tried to carve a project. The router went to the flag and never made it. It stopped just short of the flag coming out and not it will not move. I turned off the machine and back on several times but the router could not go home. I tried to gently move the router with my hand and it would not budge. I have carved about 14 hours on the machine to this point. Any suggestions?:confused:

b.sumner47
03-03-2007, 07:22 PM
could it be that it's hot?

liquidguitars
03-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I make sure the truck freely moves side to side up down ect and clean.
you can jog the sand paper a bit to see if it moves and clean around the rollers a bit.

Also try removing old projects from the flash card and re-flash

Liq

Ron Baird
03-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Try moving the head to the home position with the m/c turned off. there should be little resistance to moving the head anywhere with it off if it will not move then you have a mechanical problem stopping it from moving. With the machine turned on the motors offer resistance to moving the head but you should still be able to move it. I doubt that your problem is software related.

wilson7
03-03-2007, 08:34 PM
I tried moving the head left and right with the power on and off. I applied more pressure and it finally moved. After it moved the head appeared to be free. I just tried to run a project and to no avail. It still would not move far enough right to get the metal flag to come out so that it could find the bit. evrery once in a while an odd noise comes from the motor. By the way the 14 hours of carving are spread out over the last couple of weeks.

John
03-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Check to see if the heat sink on the Y axis motor has rotated and is hitting the blower. Heat sink fins should be straight up.

wilson7
03-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I checked the heat sink and everything was tight. The fins were pointing straight up and not catching on anything as it goes across from left to right.