PDA

View Full Version : Need help in making a patern

jaustin
12-19-2014, 12:08 PM
I want to do a inlay but having problem getting a good pattern. I still suck at photo shopping.
Could some one make a pattern for me i need the snake and grass so i can do a inlay. Yellow flag is not needed.
just the outline will work. the pattern in the snake is not needed.

I was able to create a dxf file but not able to use in the carvewright.

bergerud
12-19-2014, 12:31 PM
It is not clear to me just what you want to do. Why is the dxf not good enough?

jaustin
12-19-2014, 12:41 PM
it wont let me use the pattern created in the .dxf.
I want the basic outline that i posted in dxf format. I created the .dxf file on my cambam software for my cnc mill but can not export it from cambam to anything but a dxf file.
I don't have the .dxf importer for carvewright to create the pattern in carvewright.

When i try to make a oputline in other paint type software it doesn't look right since I can not do just the outlines.

Sorry for the confusion on this.

bergerud
12-19-2014, 12:54 PM
If you just need the dxf imported, here it is. (I thought you had the DXF importer)

jaustin
12-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks.
I do have another question
I selected the outline and select carve region it only cut around the line. How to I get it to care the body out so I can inlay another piece of wood.?

bergerud
12-19-2014, 02:14 PM
I do not understand why it makes a carve region only where the curve is. I have never seen this before. I will work on it.

bergerud
12-19-2014, 02:32 PM
I do not know what was wrong with it. I imported it into Coreldraw, took out the text, and exported it back out. It now seems ok. You might want to alter some of the outline as small breakouts look likely.

Geomoo1
12-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Will this work?....

FWMiller
12-19-2014, 03:42 PM
If you are trying to do an inlay you don't want to use a carve region. I assume you want vertical edges on the carves out area which means you want to do a vector carve using the 1/8 or other cutting bit. You'll use your vector drawing to cut the perimeter but then you will need to manually draw vector lines and use"assign bit" to carve out the inside of the figure. Unfortunately LHR has declined to implement a pocket cut out feature to make this task as easy as it should be.

jaustin
12-20-2014, 03:56 PM
bergerud thanks for the help. i will hopefully get a chance to work on it this weekend.

George is there any way you could clean the rattles out of the tail? Your pattern will not let me edit.

FWMiller just what little playing around I did with it it does look like it is going to be a pain. But when I loaded the dxf file i have and loaded it to my cnc mill it was pretty simple and easy to assign the tool path. only reason i am going to attempt with the carvewright is because my mill is to small. If I can't figure it out with the carveright then i am going to build a cnc router table since what i want to do in the future may have a lot of inlays in it.

Again thanks everyone for the help.

Geomoo1
12-21-2014, 12:52 AM
John,
Here is the cleaned up tail pattern...