PDA

View Full Version : How to Rotate my project?

Iron Mike
12-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Having a very hard time with my pistol grip project. I designed one grip (two-sided) then copied it to another project board and modified it as there are differences on both sides of each one. I would like to ROTATE my two designs by 90 degrees and then combine them into one carving project. Is there a way to do this? The 'Flip' option isn't any help and the 'Rotate' options are not highlighted and thus not functional. Using rails with the board grain running L to R in the machine is a major hassle.

Thanks for any help.

DocWheeler
12-18-2014, 05:19 PM
If you group all of the objects and select the group you should be able to create a pattern that you can rotate any you want.

bergerud
12-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Can you post a grip? Let us see what you are up against. Is it all patterns and a cutout or are there lots of vectors?

Iron Mike
12-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Can you post a grip? Let us see what you are up against. Is it all patterns and a cutout or are there lots of vectors?

I can't find instructions for how to post a project/pattern! I'll try to figure out.

fwharris
12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
I can't find instructions for how to post a project/pattern! I'll try to figure out.

At the bottom right you will see "go advanced" button. Click on it and then scroll down to add attachment. A new window will open up, click add file, browse to your location to select the file

Iron Mike
12-18-2014, 08:15 PM

Sounds easy . . . here is what I've found.

Thanks

fwharris
12-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Like posted before you can not rotate vector lines, only flip right to left or top to bottom. Only solution is like what Ken posted, make the shape a pattern.

Iron Mike
12-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Like posted before you can not rotate vector lines, only flip right to left or top to bottom. Only solution is like what Ken posted, make the shape a pattern.

Thanks,

i'm still in the learning mode . . don't understand all the drawing language and such yet. But all of the assistance I've gotten from all you forum guys has helped a lot.

bergerud
12-18-2014, 09:56 PM
I suggest you use a carrier board. Make it out of MDF. You can then use a smaller piece of wood and orient it anyway you want. Here is an example. Make the piece a press fit and/or use tape.

Iron Mike
12-18-2014, 10:36 PM
I suggest you use a carrier board. Make it out of MDF. You can then use a smaller piece of wood and orient it anyway you want. Here is an example. Make the piece a press fit and/or use tape.

That will be a big help - THANKS a lot.