PDA

View Full Version : Mirror a 3 shelf side

Scott J. Zeiger
12-14-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm making some simple shelves and just need to flip and copy the layout onto a new design so I have opposite side of course. I tried copying all elements, pasting onto a new design, and then flipping it to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

bergerud
12-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, flipping vectors in Designer is fickle. Arcs, constraints, and tangents all seem to screw it up. If you could post the mpc (only need the problem vectors), maybe we could get them to flip for you.

Scott J. Zeiger
12-14-2014, 07:15 PM
I saw what you are referencing as to the vectors being fickle when I tried it.

Scott J. Zeiger
12-14-2014, 07:50 PM
And thanks for the welcome. I've had my machine for about a month now, cruised the forums, watched the videos before I even turned it on. So far, all is well.

bergerud
12-14-2014, 08:19 PM
For something like your shelf boards, I would draw the first one on the board using the snap to grid. Set it to, say, 1/4" . (Under menu Layout - snap) Then start a new project, with the first one still open, make the board and snap the same size. You can then copy and paste each part to the second project. Flip parts which need flipping one by one and place.

I played a little by making the board twice as long instead of using two boards. Maybe looking at what I did will help. I also made the curves a single curve.

(You will need to tape rails to each side of your board for the rollers to ride on in the machine. The rollers would fall into the slots.)

Post what you create before running it in the machine. Let the boys here on the forum give you some last minute tips.

Scott J. Zeiger
12-15-2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a go. And I would have forgot about the need for the rails. :)