PDA

View Full Version : Licensed patterns

karossii
12-11-2014, 03:22 AM
I have a huge collection of pattern files I downloaded over the years I've been lurking here, the majority of which I never even opened in designer.

All of them I got freely and legally (as far as I am aware) from here on the forums.

Yet today, when I went into designer to manage my library for the first time ever, and started adding some of them (as well as deleting a ton I HAD installed), I noticed several of the patterns I added were red, which means they require a license which I do not have.

Now, I know I didn't buy any of those. The few patterns and projects I have purchased are all activated and in my library.

These are just theoretically freely available patterns from the forums.

So, when 7 of the first dozen I tried were red, requiring a license, I stopped trying. I literally have over 1,000 - and I do not wish to install them all 1 at a time, then delete the majority (if the percentages hold true, something like 680 of the patterns will require a license).

Is there any way to either;

A) batch install a bunch of patterns all at once, then batch delete all patterns which are not activated and require a license

or

B) check for those patterns which require a license, without actually installing them?

Also, I've seen mentioned 'over 2,000 free patterns' more than once...and I have over 1,000 - which is about half of that. And obviously not all of the ones I have are actually free. So... has anyone put together a zip collection of most or all of those 2,000 free patterns?

EDIT: I swear when I wrote this, I was in the pattern forum. But after posting, I was inexplicably in the CarveWright Machine forum. And I cannot seem to delete (or move) my post. So it is stuck here... unless a moderator wishes to move it for me.

fwharris
12-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Here is the link for the pattern down load http://download1476.mediafire.com that was posted a long time ago.

There is no way to batch install patterns unless they are already in a collection file (.mpn) and I have no clue how one would do that. The red patterns are either ones that were posted on mpc files or ones you did the try feature from the pattern depot.