PDA

View Full Version : Auto Jig, manual Jig or ignore

Ted
03-03-2007, 07:39 AM
This issue may have been addressed before but I don't see it. I wish to cut an ARC out of the side of the board, then route the edge, I already know auto jig is useless to do this and I want a finish rout edge on the arc without tabs. I tried using the arc/.760 on .750 thick with 1/8 bit then use cut path and delete excess, then change too a routing bit but the machine prompts me to put in the routing bit and the software prompts Auto Jig, Manual Jig or ignore when uploading to card, Is there a way around this?
Thanks, Ted

liquidguitars
03-03-2007, 11:45 AM
I am not using the cut path option much for large work, just select
The 1/8 bit and set the depth you need make your own tabs if you’re cutting through the board. Also you can make a sled 14" wide and place the board on it.

Regarding the software prompts, Auto Jig, Manual Jig or ignore
You can use "ignore". To remove this prompt you will have to make your board size 1/2 bigger on the sides of the outside cut.

Regarding the load bits prompts, review your project and clean out any bits that you are not using as the information is compiled and sent to the card
Even if it’s the bits are set to 0 depth.
liq

benluz
03-03-2007, 11:48 AM
To cut an arch along the whole side you would need to make a jig or sled,because once you cut away one side there is nothing to hold the board in the machine it need 2 edged to catch.
Ben