PDA

View Full Version : Machine taking 1/16 off surface before carving my pattern

dcj
12-10-2014, 12:20 PM
This is a simple picture a lady gave me to carve into a header for a bookcase. It is a picture of animated
zebra's. I have taken feather off and there is no boarder, but, each time I try to carve (depth is .035) it takes about 1/16 off my surface as it is carving my zebra's. I am not too sharp on this software (basic).
can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Dave

fwharris
12-10-2014, 12:28 PM
What height setting are you using? If at 100 try bumping it up to get the pattern closed to the surface.

Side note, most pattern/raster carvings will have a small amount carved off of the surface even though the height setting is set to the max (999).

DickB
12-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Post your mpc.

dcj
12-10-2014, 07:56 PM
seems like raising the height worked. DickB, am not sure how topost mps as it is not a jpg type file.

DianMayfield
12-10-2014, 08:15 PM
It could be that when you imported the image, there was slight color around your zebras. In the image below, everything brown will carve. You can try lowering the slider to get rid of this background, or delete the background in an image program and save as a transparent png.

If your zebras disappear instead of the background when you lower the slider, invert the image.