PDA

View Full Version : Got Stuck

edsingletary
12-08-2014, 03:09 PM
So i called LHR support a week ago about error message, power fluctuations. The tech said it was Power Supply problem, which sounded good to me. He told me it was under warranty and would ship it out that same after noon, of course i had to pay for it first, which i did. Patiently waited A WEEK and no power supply. Called today and i was told it was never shipped, got stuck, whatever that means. So at my busiest time im waiting for something that should never of gone bad so soon, only a hundred hours on the machine.
I wish they would hire me for one month with power to make changes and allow me to evaluate there business processes. Something is breaking down somewhere.
Chris is upgrading my shipping for me to get it here quicker.
I ordered 2 carve bits from amazon and got them in only 2 days.
What a disappointing day, i hope my case is the exception and not the rule.:eek:

CNC Carver
12-08-2014, 06:01 PM
That is why when we place orders with them we pad it with anything that might go wrong.

edsingletary
12-08-2014, 08:31 PM
So i need my own parts dept. at home. Wow not at all what i expected when i got into this cnc thing

ktjwilliams
12-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Customer care is no longer the concern at LHR ...

CW-HAL9000
12-09-2014, 12:54 AM
That is why when we place orders with them we pad it with anything that might go wrong.

Some people pad there orders to have their own parts dept, some pad them to try and justify the shipping costs, I refuse to do either. It only encourages the company to keep things the way they are. Why reduce shipping charges when people buy more stuff to try and save or justify the shipping? I think it sends the wrong message so I buy only what I need when I need it. And if at all possible I buy elsewhere. Used, ebay, parts machines, etc.

ktjwilliams
12-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Couldn't agree more HAL9000

henry1
12-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Wow I can't believe this is happening at LHR :confused:

CNC Carver
12-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Yes I also look to find as much as I can from other sources and purchase what I need. But I do also pad order with items I can not find anywhere else. Luckily have not needed much.

edsingletary
12-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Wow, i can't understand all this,maybe a General CNC router, anyone ever use it.

fwharris
12-09-2014, 01:53 PM
So i need my own parts dept. at home. Wow not at all what i expected when i got into this cnc thing

There are certain parts you should try to have on hand if you use your machine on a fairly regular basis to avoid any down time. Things like cut motor brushes, Z/Y bearings, FFC cable, board sensor, Y/Z gear box parts and even X gear assembly.

Sorry to hear about the goof up on getting your power supply.

edsingletary
12-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Power Supply came in this afternoon, got it installed, that was easy, and i am making up time lost tonight. Thanks to everyone, especially Miss Connie for the help.

zan29
12-10-2014, 06:22 PM
I have one and love it!

Wow, i can't understand all this,maybe a General CNC router, anyone ever use it.

CNC Carver
12-11-2014, 06:27 AM
Glad to hear you are back making wonderful projects. Hope you are able to complete them in time! :)

Power Supply came in this afternoon, got it installed, that was easy, and i am making up time lost tonight. Thanks to everyone, especially Miss Connie for the help.

edsingletary
12-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Thanks, it will be close, im feverishly banging away