PDA

View Full Version : ?board sensor

PDunn
12-06-2014, 05:09 PM
amazing 1 carve after I finally got 3.0 and now a board sensor error , checked and cleaned it, tried different boards and still there, did the check on the user test and low and behold runs from 4 to 21 , and last carve was just fine , I believe the sensor took a dump , tried white paper and stayed steady at 17 any Ideas

mtylerfl
12-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Check to see if the little clear plastic window of the sensor is obstructed by dust (again). It could have dust inside the window, in which case you can either disassemble the sensor and fabricate a new plastic window (I did that myself for a local CW owner) - or order a new sensor - or leave the window off, but that might not last very long. Might get you through until a new one arrives, if you choose to order a new one.

Other possibilities can cause the error too, but check the basics first...dirty window...that's usually what it is.

PDunn
12-06-2014, 06:04 PM
how does the window come off?

mtylerfl
12-07-2014, 07:06 AM
I took the sensor off the truck, then pried open the assembly with a single edge razor blade and Xacto knife to get the window out. I then cut a new window from some clear plastic I found on a package of something in the shop...it was similar in thickness. I installed the new window then sealed the assembly back up with a tiny bit of clear silicon using the tip of a toothpick to apply. I reinstalled the sensor and it works like a charm!

PDunn
12-07-2014, 07:11 AM
I just did the same and im back up and running , new sensor gonna be ordered Monday thanks all for the help

mtylerfl
12-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Excellent! Good work!