PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate dimentional vertexs??

Iron Mike
12-03-2014, 04:02 PM

How do I find which points are duplicated and how do I correct? Can't find anything in the manual!

I get this msg on one pattern but not on another which is mostly a reverse image.

Thx

bergerud
12-03-2014, 05:00 PM
You see in the message that it gives the coordinates of the double vertex. Write them down, close the message, and then move the mouse (looking at the coordinates in at the bottom left) to the spot. Delete.

fwharris
12-03-2014, 05:01 PM
With your project open move the mouse pointer to the coordinates indicated in the pop up. Watch the bottom left of the designer screen for the location. That is the location for the duplicate vertexes. Once located you can delete the extra one.

Iron Mike
12-03-2014, 05:14 PM
THANKS, any idea what kind of problems the duplicates cause?

fwharris
12-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Only thing I would know of is maybe trying to carve the same spot twice.

SteveNelson46
12-03-2014, 06:11 PM
You can also just select a vertex and move it a little to see if there is a vertex under it. Then select undo. This method can be quite time consuming if you have a lot of vertices.

bergerud
12-03-2014, 07:01 PM
THANKS, any idea what kind of problems the duplicates cause?

There are some bad things that happen.

brdad
12-03-2014, 07:12 PM
It seems to me when I have had this problem the coordinates are way off the board where you can't scroll to. IIRC I dragged across the corners to select everything on the board, then pasted that into a new project.

SteveNelson46
12-03-2014, 07:16 PM
It seems to me when I have had this problem the coordinates are way off the board where you can't scroll to. IIRC I dragged across the corners to select everything on the board, then pasted that into a new project.

You can also use "Select All" from the edit menu.

bergerud
12-03-2014, 07:56 PM

There is no vertex off of the board. Just move one of the top vertices and see what happens.

brdad
12-04-2014, 05:17 AM
Perhaps not on your board - actually your file didn't come up with any errors for me (though I do get the odd behavior clicking/moving them) - but I have had several that have duplicate vertices off the board. Unfortunately I think I fixed most of the files, but this concept file was untouched and has seven dupes 800 inches off the board. Far enough so that when you zoom out fully, you can't delete the offenders. So you basically have to select everything you need to keep and cut those from the project, then the offeners will be left on the list. Of course if the project had only a few items you could just select down the list until it highlighted the off-board offenders.

bergerud
12-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Interesting example. I wonder how that occurred. I have no trouble deleting the offending object from the list. Also, I could bring the points (it is a collapsed square out at x= 832) into view by changing the 832 .

liquidguitars
12-04-2014, 09:00 AM
duplicate vertices They seem to show up a lot if you use the " Path offset" tool I asked for a smoothing tool for the spline that would automatic move the points a fraction and smooth the path.