PDA

View Full Version : Viewing construction design on reverse

smurfjeep
12-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Good Morning,

I am working on a design and want to place a design on the reverse of my project. When I flip the board, it is blank (not showing what is on the front side), how do I view (from the reverse) the construction lines placed on the front.

What I am trying to achieve is to strategically place a design on the rear, but need to place it based on the fronts design.

I guess what I am trying to say is that , I want to see what is hidden on the front to modify what I place on the back.

Thanks,

Woody

CNC Carver
12-03-2014, 06:18 AM
If you do a cutout of the outline that will show on the back to give refrence point.

smurfjeep
12-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Yes, I thought about doing a cutout for reference, as well as cut throughs so I could place the pattern correctly, then going back and removing these cut outs. I just thought there was a way to view the hidden lines from the back.

Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
12-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Drill holes work too.

bergerud
12-03-2014, 12:33 PM
I just use snap grids.

karossii
12-03-2014, 01:54 PM
If you select all, or some, of the lines on the front, and then flip to the reverse, they will remain visible through the board. As soon as you start to place or edit new patterns or vectors, or even simply deselect the selected items, they do disappear though. So if you just want that initial reference, it will work.